Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The future of JKforum??

Old 02-11-2015, 05:31 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are millions of JKs out there, and plenty to talk about.

And, when the "new" Wranglers come out, there will be more JKs on the used market, with better prices and more getting fixed up and modified.

If anything, the board will be BUSIER! :-)

Old 02-11-2015, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Honestly, I think the JK will become even more popular when the new model is released if the rumored changes are true. Chrysler or Fiat or whoever is behind these proposed changes are steering the Wrangler too far from its roots. JK Forum will have a place for the new models as well, but won't be going everywhere. The JK may truly be the last designation worthy of the Wrangler name. I guess we will see..
Pretty much my thoughts. Could be the last true "Jeep".
Old 02-11-2015, 05:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Honestly, I think the JK will become even more popular when the new model is released if the rumored changes are true. Chrysler or Fiat or whoever is behind these proposed changes are steering the Wrangler too far from its roots. JK Forum will have a place for the new models as well, but won't be going everywhere. The JK may truly be the last designation worthy of the Wrangler name. I guess we will see..
Every new model brings claims of the prior model being the last "real" Jeep.

I don't see this forum going away or membership dwindling. It's a great forum and JKs will be around for a long, long time. Adding another model will only increase it membership, and therefore server demand.
Old 02-11-2015, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree. 10 years ago everyone was fearful of what Daimler was going to do after the TJ, and now we're afraid of what Fiat is going to do after the JK. Every CJ/YJ/TJ/LJ/JK is the last Jeep ever made, but somehow we've all rolled with the changes and the JK turned out to be pretty likeable, I'll say.

The JK will continue to get more popular...prices will fall, and there will be younger buyers, the aftermarket will still thrive for a long time. There will be a lot of original owners leaving for the new model, and new people moving in on the older rigs. Rinse/repeat...
Old 02-11-2015, 09:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

AND most importantly, we won't be looked at as the weenies in the "new, non-Jeeps" anymore.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Cutman
AND most importantly, we won't be looked at as the weenies in the "new, non-Jeeps" anymore.
Hahahaha...now we'll have someone to pick on.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:36 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lowendrider
With the new Wrangler on the horizon, I've been thinking to myself how sad in a way it will be when the "all new" J? hits the market (Assuming it will once again be a "J" designation). Our beloved JKs will be old news and, assuming the new model is still an enthusiasts' Jeep (easily modified, strong aftermarket support, etc) and is a sales success..surely the aftermarket will shift toward said model. I know the JK will still have strong aftermarket support, look at the TJ...10 yrs out of production and still support there. Even so, the shift will be in full swing and the coolest of the cool will be coming out for the new kid.

I say all this to lead up to this point. After cruising many Jeep forums over many years, JKforum has become home for me. I like the setup, the community of people, and all the valuable info. When the new model hits showrooms, will JKforum have reached its pinnacle and be on its way down? Many of us no doubt will trade up (not me) and move on..J?forum?? Will many of our great sponsors go with them?

Just some food for thought for the powers that be here at JKforum....again assuming the "J" designation carries on with the next model, would it be possible for this Forum to embrace both? Current members stay, new owners join the flock, and JKforum stays strong for years to come! Now, I don't know what would have to take place for this to happen (Forum name change??) but it sure would be nice!

Thoughts? Opinions?
From a manufacturing standpoint, we'll always support the JK, just like we still do the TJ/LJ and even CJ. Remember Jeeps are "tribal". When you drive a JK, you see more JK's. TJ owners are the same way. Your eyes tend to see what's common to them. The TJ/LJ is the older model but still a huge source of orders for us. We'll keep refining and producing parts for the JK once it's a "remember when" model.

JK-Forum will continue to grow, just like the Jeep CJ forums we support do. People are always buying older models as they become more affordable. Also - remember this important factor - no one really sees the potential in a model till they find the things they don't like in the new model. When the JK came out - TJ/LJ used sales picked up because people didn't want the 3.8L and "civilian" interior. Imagine what the JL will do to used JK's.

Last edited by Rock Hard 4x4; 02-11-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
Hahahaha...now we'll have someone to pick on.
Snobby JL owners don't deserve my wave.... REAL wrangler are steel bodied, not this aluminum bs!

Side note: I actually went to a jeep meet and greet last week (first with this club/group) and it blew my mind how much trash the TJ owners would talk about the JK. You've would've thought the JK came with an inline 4 or something! Wait....
Old 02-11-2015, 10:11 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JK505
Snobby JL owners don't deserve my wave.... REAL wrangler are steel bodied, not this aluminum bs!

Side note: I actually went to a jeep meet and greet last week (first with this club/group) and it blew my mind how much trash the TJ owners would talk about the JK. You've would've thought the JK came with an inline 4 or something! Wait....
LOL...we have a couple of years to refine our trash-talking and perfect putting our noses in the air.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JK505

Something tells me not getting a wave from you wouldn't be the end of the world lol

Quick Reply: The future of JKforum??