Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Gas Saver Thing

Old 02-05-2007, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gas Saver Thing

Anyone ever heard or seen of some gas saving thing you place over the fuel line and somehow it ionically changes the fuel composition and ends up saving gas?

Opinions? Experience? B.S.??
Old 02-05-2007, 09:45 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have heard of them, but never purchased one. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. If it really worked then they would charge more for them. JMO.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

although i do not know from personnal experience, i would have to call on this.

I have read TONS of webforums about this, some swear they work, others swear they dont. So who knows? I'll go with "if it sounds to good to be true..."

I googled quick and found this on Pop. mech.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...32.html?page=1
Old 02-05-2007, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

I have had one of those before. They appear to work....kinda and depends on the vehicle. I had it in my TJ and it tunnels air differently and adds HP etc.....yeah yeah.

What I have seen is this:

Old 02-05-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Freak

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...73687269QQrdZ1
The link here is sorry
Old 02-05-2007, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Fuel Magnet

Originally Posted by Cesar
Anyone ever heard or seen of some gas saving thing you place over the fuel line and somehow it ionically changes the fuel composition and ends up saving gas?

Opinions? Experience? B.S.??
Yep, it's the Fuel Magnet. I have one on my Tacoma and it works. It zipties on the fuel-line and reduces carbon by atomization causing cleaner fuel. I get 1 to 1.5 mpg better than before, but I really notice the extra power. It's like having 91 octane, when I'm buying 87. It also keeps my throttlebody, fuel injectors, and sparkplugs really clean. I know this because I regularly inspect the top-end of my engine after hard offroading.
It's a Rare-Earth Magnet. I got mine from J.C.Whitney catalog.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Eternal ***erator

I still think this is subjective. I am not saying either side is right or wrong, because i really don't know.

I wathched this same discussion unfold about the iCat (or whatever it is called now) people on both sides of the fence on that one that i trusted to be honest. Yay's & Nay's equally across the board. I finally bought one myself just to prove it to myself once and for all. bottom line for me? It didnt do a damn thing except drain my wallet. I gave it to a friend to try, and on his bike, it was a highly noticable and beneficial difference.

Exact same device, identical model bikes, nearly identical mods done to both, exact same jetting on the exact same carb, worked on his, did nothing on mine.

I still don't get that. I suspect this is going to be the same.

for a few bucks, i will probably get suckered into it at some point, if it works, great; if it doesnt, one more for the parts heap.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:38 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
...drive slower, acclerate slower....
I...

I...

I

just cant do that.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I must drive too aggressive, all these posts about 20+ mpg and getting improved mileage with mods are frustrating to me. I have made mods and am getting 16.5 - 17 mpg all the time. Got about 3000 miles on the clock, so maybe needs more time and miles. Oh well good or bad mileage, got to get in the traffic and go.
Jim
Old 02-06-2007, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jameswharton
I must drive too aggressive, all these posts about 20+ mpg and getting improved mileage with mods are frustrating to me. I have made mods and am getting 16.5 - 17 mpg all the time. Got about 3000 miles on the clock, so maybe needs more time and miles. Oh well good or bad mileage, got to get in the traffic and go.
Jim
I'm right there with you. Can't seem to get out of the 15 to 17 range. But I drive in lots of stop-and-go traffic so I'm thinking that's the problem.

Quick Reply: Gas Saver Thing