Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Get Eddie on the road again!!

Old 05-13-2009, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Get Eddie on the road again!!

Eddie,

The great white beast is sort of our mascot here on the forum, and as such I think we need to help git her "on the road agin"! After all you do a lot of miles on this rig for the benefit of others on this site, whether it is a Moab run or Coyote canyon, or through the urban jungles of Mission Viejo to Fudruckers. Always helping other rigs out along the way!

Here is what I propose a "Shirts for The 60" campaign! Seriously how many shirts hats or stickers do you need to sell to get on the road again. We can do this man. It is good for everyone, more advertising to this site, your back on the road, and more popularity for the JK. Don't forget we will all be wearing the latest fashion accessories. Lets band together and get Eddie and the Great White Beast rollin again!!!!

dan
Old 05-13-2009, 08:43 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

LOL!! thanks Dwikto, i really do appreciate the gesture but it really isn't necessary. i broke my jeep playing a little too hard and now it's just time for me to pay for it. it's all good
Old 05-13-2009, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

I'll take 2.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dwikto
Eddie,

The great white beast is sort of our mascot here on the forum, and as such I think we need to help git her "on the road agin"! After all you do a lot of miles on this rig for the benefit of others on this site, whether it is a Moab run or Coyote canyon, or through the urban jungles of Mission Viejo to Fudruckers. Always helping other rigs out along the way!

Here is what I propose a "Shirts for The 60" campaign! Seriously how many shirts hats or stickers do you need to sell to get on the road again. We can do this man. It is good for everyone, more advertising to this site, your back on the road, and more popularity for the JK. Don't forget we will all be wearing the latest fashion accessories. Lets band together and get Eddie and the Great White Beast rollin again!!!!

dan
Good thinking Dan...I posted on another thread that if we all donated $1 via Paypal to the "Get Eddie/Cindy Back on the Trail" fund, he would be all set! I mean really....$1 isn't much to each of us...but alot if we put them all together! I like the T-shirt idea too!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

From a business stand point this is a very good idea. On the back of the shirt you can have the logo of the different companies that make D60s for the JK like Currie, Teraflex, Dynatrac, ect. That way you can get the sponsers to pay for the shirts and give them as a gift a the next Project JK event. The funds generated from the t shirts help cover some of the costs to organize the event.

Just an idea.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Sorry Eddie ball is in motion! I got one shirt for me one for the wife and of coarse you know I am going to support the Cancer Hospital I need those stickers anyway!! How many more to go? It will be cool to see every JK owner in Gorman with JK gear on, that will be awsome for pictures also! An army of jeepers I love it!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:44 AM
JK-Forum Founder

okay, come on guys, i really am flattered that you care as much as you do and am truly grateful for it but this really is unnecessary. i'd be lying if i said that i don't get a lot of help from our sponsors and a break like this really is something that i am prepared to deal with. please - i would honestly prefer if you saved your money and used it for mods you need and so that you can join us on one of our runs.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
okay, come on guys, i really am flattered that you care as much as you do and am truly grateful for it but this really is unnecessary. i'd be lying if i said that i don't get a lot of help from our sponsors and a break like this really is something that i am prepared to deal with. please - i would honestly prefer if you saved your money and used it for mods you need and so that you can join us on one of our runs.
But the shirts rock
Old 05-13-2009, 09:59 AM
JK-Forum Founder

LOL!! again, i really do appreciate your willingness to help out but i'm gonna have to close this thread. truth of the matter is, we have strict rules about fundraising and soliciting and in so many ways, that's kind of what this is like. needless to say, i think it would be unfair and somewhat hypocritical for me to allow this to go on. your extremely generous gesture really does means a lot to me and i'm grateful to know that i have friends like you here on this forum. likewise, it is my hope that you can be understanding of my reasons for putting an end to this.

sincerely,
eddie

Quick Reply: Get Eddie on the road again!!