Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

getting mud off the soft top

Old 09-23-2008, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflifette
I think the faster you get the mud off, the easier it is to get off. We like to go to one of the self serve car washes right after we get off the trail and use the high pressure water to spray it down real good. Then, as other have said, use a scrub brush to get off whatever is still remaining (be careful of the windows, they scratch easily). Then follow up with 303
That is what I usually do but the other day when we left to come home I had to turn around and go to the fire station. It sat in the heat yesterday so it was baked on real good. So with that 303 is that like a protector or is it just a cleaner??
I just got thru washing the JK. A little simple green (not much) and a scrub brush plus elbow grease and the mud stains came out of the top.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:59 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
That is what I usually do but the other day when we left to come home I had to turn around and go to the fire station. It sat in the heat yesterday so it was baked on real good. So with that 303 is that like a protector or is it just a cleaner??
I just got thru washing the JK. A little simple green (not much) and a scrub brush plus elbow grease and the mud stains came out of the top.
The 303 we use is a protectant (but I think they do make a 303 cleaner as well, although I haven't tried it). The 303 protectant seems to help prevent the mud stains in the future.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflifette
The 303 we use is a protectant (but I think they do make a 303 cleaner as well, although I haven't tried it). The 303 protectant seems to help prevent the mud stains in the future.
THANK YOU!!!!!! I will be picking some up here soon.
Does anybody else feel good after they hit the trails to just crank up the stero in the driveway and spend 2 1/2 hours polishing the JK back up???
I just did mine and took a step back and go WOW this thing looks good.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:05 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
THANK YOU!!!!!! I will be picking some up here soon.
Does anybody else feel good after they hit the trails to just crank up the stero in the driveway and spend 2 1/2 hours polishing the JK back up???
I just did mine and took a step back and go WOW this thing looks good.
I always step back even if its clean or dirty....the JK looks damn fine either way!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
I always step back even if its clean or dirty....the JK looks damn fine either way!!!
That is true but after having fun on the trails and to shine it back up just so you can go get it dirty again is AWSOME.

Quick Reply: getting mud off the soft top