Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Getting ready to buy II

Old 04-18-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready to buy II

Thanks for all the advice in the post I made yesterday. After doing some inventory searches, one of the podunk town dealers in my area has an 07 Sahara. Must be a demo or something. Am I better off sticking with an 08 X? I'm assuming the 08's got the first year jitters worked out. The biggest benefit to me with the 07 is the 4.10 gears, but I'm kind of torn- the 3.77 probably gets better mileage, right?
Old 04-18-2008, 09:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO, if the '07 is a much, much better deal (and if it still qualifies for the lifetime warranty), then I'd go with it.

The gearing isn't that big of an issue from 3.73 to 4.10. If it were 3.21, then it'd make a huge difference. If you go very big, then you'll regear from 4.10 anway so that really shouldn't make or break the deal. At least it wouldn't for me.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't how good of a deal they are going to give you, but hope it is very good. Since it is almost 2 model years old, it should be way, way below the original stiker price. I would do a search at edmunds.com or KBB.com to get an idea what the value is. If they aren't coming down much under what an 08 model is going to cost you I would just get the 08.

Quick Reply: Getting ready to buy II