Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Got a new '14 JKSU...now what?

Old 01-16-2014, 07:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a new '14 JKSU...now what?

I finally got a Jeep again...this time a '14 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, and I couldn't be happier with it. Now the hard part...where do I start? I had an '01 Sport back in the day, but it was more about just being in the open air with my wife and having a blast that way. For the most part, I'm not looking for heavy mods, as I don't plan to do any crazy off-roading, but I would like to have some fun with upgrades that might improve performance or dress it up a bit.

I thought that maybe a new exhaust might be a fun place to start. My thought is that an aftermarket exhaust will give it a nice growl, add some HP and possibly even improve the MPG a little. Please correct me if I'm totally off here. Or if you have any other ideas of where a good place to start when you have a new stock JKSU to start with. And we can avoid audio...I'm already all over that part and have it dialed in. Is performance the best place to start, or is appearance the best place to start?

Thanks so much for your help! I've never really modded anything and am looking forward to a new hobby!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RianS
I finally got a Jeep again...this time a '14 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, and I couldn't be happier with it. Now the hard part...where do I start? I had an '01 Sport back in the day, but it was more about just being in the open air with my wife and having a blast that way. For the most part, I'm not looking for heavy mods, as I don't plan to do any crazy off-roading, but I would like to have some fun with upgrades that might improve performance or dress it up a bit.

I thought that maybe a new exhaust might be a fun place to start. My thought is that an aftermarket exhaust will give it a nice growl, add some HP and possibly even improve the MPG a little. Please correct me if I'm totally off here. Or if you have any other ideas of where a good place to start when you have a new stock JKSU to start with. And we can avoid audio...I'm already all over that part and have it dialed in. Is performance the best place to start, or is appearance the best place to start?

Thanks so much for your help! I've never really modded anything and am looking forward to a new hobby!
Check out this thread for a lot of cool homemade/cheap ideas
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...d-done-125817/
Old 01-16-2014, 08:08 PM
JK Junkie

Don't expect alot in the hp/mpg department. OEMS have the flow down pat now days and they are very efficient. Sound will be better.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:13 PM
JK Junkie

I would just drive it awhile & keep checking out the threads until you figure out what type of wheeling you enjoy doing. Welcome aboard and to the madness.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats!!!! The 14's are awesome!!!

They get death wobble though. Install the appropriate bolts per Planman's bolt upgrade threads.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:25 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Skies (or maybe really the wallet) is the limit! Enjoy modifying your new Jeep!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hi

For me the most needed mod is a dead pedal, if You have an auto

Old 01-19-2014, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Ok please explain the dead pedal use.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is a place to stabilize your left foot when off-road or on highways.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dead pedal was one of the best $50 I spent on my jeep.

Quick Reply: Got a new '14 JKSU...now what?