Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

got pulled over again in Maryland

Old 03-25-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inspection ?

I now in NY we have some real offical ny inspection stations (run by the state)...they would know whats really up.....maybe MD has the same......I think with that JK i would move...
Old 03-25-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks alote for everyones input and nice comments. yeah its just driving me crazy.. i would just hate to have to downsize everything.. just wouldnt be the same.. i feel that as long as the wheels are covered by the flares.. which im not happy about but hey if thats what i got to do to keep it this way then i will ... and the bumpers are under that limit should be good .. ill keep doing my research.. i guess it just depends on the cop that pulls you over.. and when i took it to the police station to show them that i took the tint off the state trooper their liked it alote .. just said i should make sure my tires are covered..
Old 03-25-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default There's nothing Merry about Maryland

I too used to live in the Peoples Republic of Maryland. I got sooo fed up with their all encompassing, all controlling style of bureaucratical, bovine excrement, that I decided to shove the whole state up their waste ventricles and move to the "Last Frontier". Good luck and always live by my motto. "Illegitimi non-carborundum" translated = "Don't let the basterd children of un-wed whores grind you down".
Old 03-25-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Cop #2 probably has a hummer too [/QUOTE]

or gives them
Old 03-25-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Freak

Come to Arkansas, we don't have any inspections.
the current motto is.
if it runs, drive it.

no cop here would harass you over such things like flares over the tires.

I don't think 50% of the cars on the road here would pass inspections, if the y were to return to having them.

I saw a ford probe yesterday, had both flip up lights busted out and some off road lights attached to the bumper in front of them
THAT AIN"T LEGAL!!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Why don't ypou fins a cheap set of factory wheels and tires to keep around. for a few hundred bucks you can probably find them easily on here. If you need an inspection, slap them on and then put your 37's back on after the inspection.

I got a ticket for not having mirrors on when I had my doors off last summer. I put the doors on and took it to the police station and the ticket went away. Easy fix it ticket.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 08UnlimitedSahara810
Why don't ypou fins a cheap set of factory wheels and tires to keep around. for a few hundred bucks you can probably find them easily on here. If you need an inspection, slap them on and then put your 37's back on after the inspection.

I got a ticket for not having mirrors on when I had my doors off last summer. I put the doors on and took it to the police station and the ticket went away. Easy fix it ticket.
yeah i could do that get a smaller set of tires for inspection... but the cop said that it is illegal to change anything after it is inspected , and if he finds out that it did that, i guess pulls me over again i will get a 500 dollar fine even though thats what everyone does.. so that is my problem.. because they will only pass it with 33 inch tires...and that would just look silly on their.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
JK Newbie

planman.... wow great job on the research
Old 03-25-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Job Planman

Looks like he should be fine as long as he isnt more then 28+ inch and has tires covered. MAYBE consider bushwackers
Old 03-25-2009, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry to derail, but where did you find get the rescue green wheels. Love em.

Quick Reply: got pulled over again in Maryland