Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

grad present

Old 05-03-2010, 05:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grad present

im about to graduate from highschool in about 2 weeks and my pops says i can do something to the jeep. not sure exctly what i wana do yet. im between either a 4inch la or do some lockers and something else. what do u guys think?
i am moving to dahlonega in the fall (georgia mountains) for school/army so keep that in mind.

i am running 35s but may go back to 33s when this set is burned out
ive got a winch and thats all taken care of
thanks for the help
Old 05-03-2010, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hmm

Well Im no expert and Im sure you will here a million ideas on here that are far more technical and informed, but if I were you I would ask for the lift and some drive shafts...of course gears come to mind with that, among other things, but that can come later I suppose. Just my 2 cents. Army huh? You headed to Benning? Im a Jarhead but Im an infantryman non the less...
Old 05-03-2010, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm assuming that if you are running 35s now, you have some kinda lift on it? and if you are thinking of going to 33s???? why would you put a 4" long arm on?????
First, why go back to a 33" tire? second, depending on $$$ and what model you have, if you don't already have Dana 44s front and rear, that may be a good place to start... gears and lockers would be another good way to spend some benjamins.... adjustable control arms and track bars are nice too...
I guess it depends on what you already have, and how far you want to go.....
Or, if you want to go all out.... do all of the above and rock hard......

Good luck in the Army!!!! and you're build....
Old 05-03-2010, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dex1
I'm assuming that if you are running 35s now, you have some kinda lift on it? and if you are thinking of going to 33s???? why would you put a 4" long arm on?????
First, why go back to a 33" tire? second, depending on $$$ and what model you have, if you don't already have Dana 44s front and rear, that may be a good place to start... gears and lockers would be another good way to spend some benjamins.... adjustable control arms and track bars are nice too...

X2, Good advice right there. Congrats on the graduation, and good luck in the army.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ECHO
Good luck in the army.. Get a Snorkel and Lights..
x2. I gotta agree with ECHO. Snorkle and Lighting.

Good Luck!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default yup

X4 on the good luck man, for the Army and the neverending JK project!! like I said before... a million ideas man, take your best shot and run with it! plenty of experienced guys on here willing to help you out, just like they helped me!! Let us know what you are considering and all that good stuff cause we all love hearing it.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dex1

Same questions that I had.

Anyway, Congrats on graduation and good luck in the Army! Thanks in advance for your service!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Keep the 35s and have gears installed.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

Lockers. get 'em and go anywhere.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:25 AM
JK Freak

i have a question, or two.

okay, so if i go with gearing, what benefits will i gain?? i have seen where it makes them even worse on the highway, ill be a good 4 to 5 hours from home so i may see the interstate every now and then? with 35s i have been told to go with 5:13s...is that correct? good brands? just anything u can tell me about them would be awesome.

thank you in advance guys, i must say i have learned more from this forum than anywhere else so far

Last edited by LaxAHolic; 05-04-2010 at 05:53 AM.

Quick Reply: grad present