Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Half doors

Old 06-11-2014, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half doors

I would like to get a set a half doors. I really don't want to pay $1500 for mopar ones, but some of the reviews I've read concerning the bestop and rugged ridge got me thinking I need to save my money up and go with mopar.

What are your choices/recommendations and experiences?
Old 06-11-2014, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered my current Jeep with half doors. The factory doors are the way to go.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rvator
I ordered my current Jeep with half doors. The factory doors are the way to go.
I've been researching and it seems like this is probably the way I'll end up going. I've seen a lot of bad about both the best top and the Rugged Ridge. Are there any other companies out there that sell half doors that I'm not aware of?
Old 06-13-2014, 11:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Strike Force Zebra
Old 06-13-2014, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Strike Force Zebra owner here. Doors are fantastic and fit really well!

They are still working on the uppers and might be awhile, so if that is a determining factor you might want to look at a different vendor.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	559380
Old 06-13-2014, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mopar doors are great have them for about 5 years now. Work perfect and always and I repeat always everyone who has other doors comments that they wish they had spent the extra money. the quality is so much better, the seals on the windows etc.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love how the Strike Force Zebra web site says uppers will be available early summer 2013, LOL

-Deke
Old 06-13-2014, 10:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Factory half doors on my '07. Absolutely love them!! The only thing I hate is the passengers tendency to slam it since it is so light, when the uppers aren't on. No seal to cushion it. Still though...wouldn't have another one without them!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

I've got a set of the Rugged Ridge doors that I'd love to sell...they had some damage that has been repaired, just need to reinstall the handle/ lock on one and paint them to match.

If you have a way to inspect 1/2 doors with soft uppers on a TJ, that would give you a good idea what the Rugged Ridge doors look like... Except that they are a plastic mold or fiberglass construction instead of steel. As far as value goes, here's my opinion in a strictly monetary format: I sold a set of used half doors for $1250, a set of new half doors for $1500 and I'd be happy to get $400 out of the Rugged Ridge (which Is what I paid prior to refinishing the crack on the driver's door).

I live in the Midwest and just rode out the worst winter we've had in 20 years with my half doors. I consider Mopar 1/2 doors to be an entirely viable option for year round use. The Rugged Ridge doors would suit me for trail doors or seasonal use, and I wouldn't expect them to keep my Jeep dry during a rainstorm.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I just dropped the dime on some Strike Force Zebra doors. I looked at cost, and durability. I know the SFZ doors don't have the uppers, but for now I'll duct tape some plastic up for windows when it rains while I'm on the trail.

For those of you that have the SFZ doors do you know if they're paintable? Couldn't find anything on the website saying they were.

Last edited by zwvirtual; 07-06-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Half doors