Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Half or full doors?
Half doors for life!
56.87%
Full doors forever!
43.13%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Half Doors

Old 07-15-2009, 09:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Half Doors

Why are half doors sooooo rare, they're included at no additional cost. I don't know why but I just can't seem to understand why nobody has them, but one thing I do understand is how much sexier and useful they are and why everyone wants them.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Nickell80
Why are half doors sooooo rare, they're included at no additional cost. I don't know why but I just can't seem to understand why nobody has them, but one thing I do understand is how much sexier and useful they are and why everyone wants them.
At either of our dealerships there were zero half door models on the lot. And combined we're talking maybe 26ish wranglers of various trims.

I love the half doors, but the way you get a good price is by taking what they've got on the lot (especially when chrysler was having their trouble )
Old 07-15-2009, 10:35 PM
JK Newbie

I prefer no doors!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have full doors and THEY leak
seems like half doors there's more of a chance to leak....
Old 07-16-2009, 12:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seriously, WTF. When I had my TJ, it seemed you had to kill someone to get a hold of full doors. NOw I have a JK and half doors seem like a twisted nightmare where you have a better chance at winning the lottery then finding a pair.

On top of that, you pretty much damn near need to win the lottery to pay for a set of JK half doors.

As a matter of fact, I've seen some very nice YJ's set up for the price of JK half doors. So again...WTF
Old 07-16-2009, 01:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

thats because they weren't produced in great numbers with half doors...I don't know why, that's just how it is...I'd have 'em if I could, but they don't exist up here
Old 07-16-2009, 03:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the JK first came out, everyone wanted full doors and power windows..the dealer couldn't sell the 1/2 doors...mine sat on the lot for 5 months, so I got a great deal on it.
after the first wave cycled through, most dealers just ordered full doors for the lot, and left the 1/2 doors as a special order item. Scince most people don't want to wait, they took the full doors that were on the lot.
I have only seen 4-5 1/2 door unlimiteds in the wild (DFW area)
Old 07-16-2009, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

As great as half-doors may be if you live in a harsher climate, like Canada-hey!, then hardtop & full-doors are first on the list. Then, if you have the money, soft-top and half-doors.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:07 AM
JK Super Freak

I lucked out and swapped out my full doors for 1/2 doors about 1 week after I bought my JK. Like others have said ... the way to save the big $$$ is to buy off the lot. Dealers ain't gonna deal on a special order ... and that is pretty much the only way to get 1/2 doors from what I have seen. Shortly after I bought my full-door JK the dealer did get a 1/2 door 2-door Rubi on the lot ... however it arrived after the plant shutdown so it must have been from a closing dealer.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

When Midwest Jeepthing had thier n00b run here in St. Louis about 3 weeks ago I saw two Unlimiteds with half doors and immediatly began kicking myself for having only the full doors. I have no idea why MOPAR has refused to release something so obviously in demand.

I would have ordered mine with half doors but when the dealer offered me my Rubi w/ the MyGIG for $25K, well... I had to take the offer.

Quick Reply: Half Doors