Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

half doors vs. full doors OPINIONS?

Old 02-16-2017, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was going to build my JK with half doors but found the color I wanted BADLY and got a killer trade-in value on my last vehicle. It had full doors. That being said, when it's nice out my doors are off. When it sucks outside, it's closed up. I'd much rather have an actual window to open and close than another piece of plastic flapping around. Not to mention the soft windows scratch so easily. Half doors are badass but if they are off, it doesn't matter. And I don't think they look great with the top up. But I'm just one guy. Get what YOU like.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chango
For me there are only 2 choices: full doors or no doors. I HATED the 1/2 doors on my old TJ; the plastic window got all scratched up and was hard to see out of and they were annoyingly loud. I don't think I'd ever get half-doors again.
Agreed. I've never had half doors, but I love taking my doors off for the summer. Last year I bought the Bestop full soft doors and kept them standing up in my trunk (2 door) for when it rained. I hated them. I couldn't get them to fit right, and they weren't weatherproof at all. They leaked like crazy, and while driving, would have a huge gap at the top that let rain in anyway. A few people on the forum said that they'll fit better if you bend them in a little. I tried it, and ended up making them worse. I tried really hard to get them to work for months because I wanted them for years and wanted them to work soo bad, but I realized that in the time I was spending screwing around with those things, I could have easily just put my hard doors back on. I ended up selling them. Now if I know significant rain is coming, I'll throw the doors back on. Or I'll just get a little wet.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

After I replied I realized the OP probably got to the bottom of his dilemma by now. The guy who responded before me, revived a thread that has been dead for 5 years! Haha!
Old 02-26-2017, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Haha, half doors vs full doors? The only answer is no doors or half doors. Full doors on a Wrangler just look goofy.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

For me it's a question of temp, I bought the Jeep with full doors (Phoenix summers wouldn't be fun with only half doors) but I just ordered rear half doors from jeepsareus (15% off w/ free shipping right now) I figure no doors up front, rear half doors to keep the kids/dogs contained.

I'll order front Half doors in the future, gotta have a full "wardrobe" of options for the Jeep
Old 03-30-2017, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my YJ had 1/2 doors and I loved them when the top was down; very comfortable to rest my arm on.....I have full doors now and miss my 1/2 doors.....
Old 04-03-2017, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never understood why Mopar or any aftermarket company didn't make a half-door upper that was metallic, not material, with a real sliding glass window and a seal at the bottom that turned the door into a solid unit when attached.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Definitely half doors. I use my full doors in the winter, but once spring hits I take the top off and put my half doors on. The view is far better (both on road and off) with the top off and rocking half doors.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jtrain496
I have only full doors but want half doors bad. Anyone want to trade? A friend of mine has half doors and the look and feel very cool.
still looking to trade?
Old 05-10-2017, 02:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Im in the minority here

but I don't like the looks of half doors at all , to me they look goofy. now if the window is in place they look ok but as far as I'm concerned they are fugly
wouldn't want them if they were given for free

Quick Reply: half doors vs. full doors OPINIONS?