Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Happy F***ing Valentine's Day!

Old 02-14-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Happy F***ing Valentine's Day!

I expected to wake up this morning to a Happy Valentine's Day (if you know what I mean). I woke up bleary-eyed but rested to the sounded of cars racing through puddles outside my window. We needed the rain, I thought, but it wasn't suppose to rain till tomorrow afternoon, well the weatherman was wrong... again. I started to fall back to sleep when one word jetted through my mind:

topless. And I'm not talking about my girlfriend topless which would have been pleasant way to wake up, but no the jeep. It was such a beautiful yesterday and perfect topless weather. So I threw on clothes and raced downstairs with my girlfriend close behind me to find the jeep half-soaked and the rain still coming down. We quickly put the top up (of course the rain then stopped) and did damage assessment. The carpets and CD player survived as far as we could tell, but everything else wasn't so lucky... it was all soaked.

Fast-forward to now, the top is up and the windows are down so the jeep can air-dry. Good news is that Valentine's Day can only get better from here.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear this. Take the carpet out. Take all the drain plugs out and get the standing water (It will be there under the carpet) out of the Jeep.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

trust me when I say it wont be the last time that happens. I had a soft top on my old jeep and got caught out in the rain at least a couple times a year. I would always throw the top up, but usually didnt carry the soft doors and widows with me, So I still got soaked. Just pull the carpet out, so it can dry, pull the drain plugs and wipe everything down, throw some towels on the seats and enjoy the sun!
Old 02-14-2009, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

God bless Jeepers!!!! We're a special breed

Nothing like a wet arse driving around to remind you why you bought it!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a hard top, and get caught in the rain with the top off.

Still think we need a mod so windshield wipers can clean both sides of the glass.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2climbbig
I have a hard top, and get caught in the rain with the top off.

Still think we need a mod so windshield wipers can clean both sides of the glass.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default boy can i relate to that

I too left my top off Labor day weekend. Was napping in the house in front of the boob tube and woke up to the sound of thunder. Looked outside and it was raining cats and dogs. Rushed outside to find two inches of rain in the floor of the jeep. quickly removed the plugs all of them and took out the carpet what I could without cutting. put the top back on and got out the shamwow. went back out and soaked up all the water I could. Most had drained out through the plugs. Dried everything as good as I could. When it was all over had a smell from the carpet that had been soaked but that went away in a couple of weeks. I was worried about the radio and the remainder of the electronics but had no problems with them. I'm sure it won't be the last time. Next time though, I plan to have yanked out all the carpet and applied hurculiner to the floor.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always like it when a week later when you get the rain from the top after the remaining water condenses on the underside during the night. Next day when you start moving it all rains down. I've had that happen more times then I want to think about.

I don't think the foam in the seats ever really gets dry. I know I would get water coming up 6 months later. :lol:

Quick Reply: Happy F***ing Valentine's Day!