Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Has anyone ever had their CB unit stolen?

Old 08-29-2007, 04:38 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cobra makes a little junction box, so you can remove CB's easier. For 30 bucks, get the junction box, then just throw your CB into the rear under floor concealed storage bin. With the tailgate locked, nobody will steal it...easily...
Old 08-31-2007, 07:19 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my 10 year old broken Rat Shack CB Stolen out of my open YJ, oh and they tried to steel the Kenwood, but the bitches couldn't yank it out...

What was so funny is that it was a removable, push to tabs and the entire stereo just slid lol!!!
Old 09-01-2007, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayland1985
Cobra makes a little junction box, so you can remove CB's easier. For 30 bucks, get the junction box, then just throw your CB into the rear under floor concealed storage bin. With the tailgate locked, nobody will steal it...easily...
For about $2.00 you get an couple of inline plugs for the power leads, unscrew the adjusting knobs, and just unscrew the antenna connector from the back. If you have an external speaker (why you can use a cable to the AUX jack in the front of the radio) or PA just unplug them. Removal time about the same and cost a whole lot less.
Now if this is for mounting it in the dash or somewhere and removing it from a cradle leaving a hole then it is worth it otherwise why not make it simple and cheap?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Those are some good suggestions. Turns out its going to rain all weekend anyway so the top will remain on regardless but an inline plug for the power lead is a good idea. Maybe I can find something to replace the large thumb screws holding it on the bracket too, that'd be the biggest time consumer.
Old 09-01-2007, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Not yet; but I try to keep an eye on it whereever I park it. I agree with everyone else, take the CB and leave everything else alone.

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever had their CB unit stolen?