Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Has anyone ever messed with your doorless JK?

Old 05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever messed with your doorless JK?

I've just gotten the amazing feeling of driving around with the doors off. I'm curious to know if anyone has ever messed with the inside of your Jeeps or tried to steal anything when you left the doors off in public?

M thinking about leaving them off and driving to class with them off, but not having done this yet I'm just nervous that someone will screw with something.

What you guys think? thanks.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was thinking the same man idk i wouldn't trust people now a days
Old 05-01-2012, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

All depends where you park/live I guess. I've never had a problem with them off (aside from friends dickin around) and they're off most of the summer. Just don't leave anything of any value inside, or invest in an alarm...
Old 05-01-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

To be honest, I am more worried about cats in the neighborhood than I am with someone messing with the Jeep. Just me though.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 PM
JK Freak

No problems but I've parked in the employee area of the hospital I work for. Haven't parked at say, the Mall!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At night in my neighborhood everyone know me and my family go hunting and im not afraid of shooting someone messing with my jeep well no one messed with us before (knock on wood) but i agree depending on where u live and if you school has cameras and security
Old 05-01-2012, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

I havent had a problem. I run mine doorless about 3-4 months out of the year. Just keep everything that isnt bolted down or locked at home. My sub and amp are bolted into the rear and everthing else is in a tuffy lock box.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yup I learned just to keep the interior free of valuables. I run with the soft top all the time so my jeep is basically open all the time.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by azrwilkinson
To be honest, I am more worried about cats in the neighborhood than I am with someone messing with the Jeep. Just me though.
X2, cats are a bigger issue. Leave nothing in there and keep your glove box ad center console unlocked, so even if someone comes looking, they will not find anything or break anything to find out you have nothing.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The fun of being doorless/topless far outweighs the risk of someone screwing with your jeep. I leave my console and glovebox unlocked with with a bunch of CDs I don't listen to anymore along with some cheap sunglasses for them to find. My real valubles are locked in my Tuffy underseat storage drawer. Enjoy !!

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever messed with your doorless JK?