Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Holy high trade in value!! Is there an incentive to get the lifetime warranties Jeeps

Old 05-31-2013, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Holy high trade in value!! Is there an incentive to get the lifetime warranties Jeeps

voided by getting us to trade them in?

My 2008 JKU X has bumpers half hanging off, dents, paint scratches and dings everywhere, the seats are half eroded because I spilled battery acid all over the entire upholstery years ago, original tires, 70k miles, all stock, the soft top is completely destroyed...

I could go on.

And they are offering $20k to trade in for a brand new one. Holy crap!! That means I only paid a few grand for 5 years and 70k miles of use, despite beating the crap out of it.

Thoughts??
Old 05-31-2013, 10:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do it.

Sent from my thingy.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Pull the trigger on that and enjoy your new Jeep.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartan99
voided by getting us to trade them in?

My 2008 JKU X has bumpers half hanging off, dents, paint scratches and dings everywhere, the seats are half eroded because I spilled battery acid all over the entire upholstery years ago, original tires, 70k miles, all stock, the soft top is completely destroyed...

I could go on.

And they are offering $20k to trade in for a brand new one. Holy crap!! That means I only paid a few grand for 5 years and 70k miles of use, despite beating the crap out of it.

Thoughts??
I'd do it before they changed their minds! My 07 JKU Sahara I just bought was 20k, came with new 35" trail grapplers though, and every option except Nav. Was a good deal for my area. These Jeeps hold their value well, but that's an amazing deal imo, and good theory.

Last edited by NLangan; 05-31-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting angle on the lifetime warranties but if I recall correctly that was only offered during a short period of time (when Chrysler was going BK) and it came with conditions like every 5 years you have to get an inspection and little things like DS, or even new oil pans, etc. could void the warranty. The Jeep Wrangler has one of the best resale values out there and I think that's more what you are seeing but being a conspiracy believer myself I really love the angle you are throwing out there!
Old 05-31-2013, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

I would if they offered a diesel. I have heard about too many Pentastar problems to do it. And that warranty was why I bought it.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its true... they have been trying to buy back my 08 w/ 130K miles. offered me $23,500 - its fully loaded from the factory plus all my goodies. I just love my JK so much they will never get it. haha plus the fact that my warranties are still solid why would I do it? i'd still have to build up that new jeep all over again (w/ no lifetime warranty). Honestly i'm happy with my setup and spending my weekends using it rather than working on building up a new one, sounds like way more fun to me.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:11 PM
JK Super Freak

To be honest I would be terrified to embark on owning a Chrysler product without a lifetime warranty.

At work, I deal with new and used Hondas, Toyotas and Chrslers minivans in a capacity that shall remain private. I have seen too many problems with the engine and trans of today. About the same as the 08 vintage. No lifetime no deal.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love my new 2013 JKU. Plenty of power, only have to down shift on large hills. Could have more room. ( I'm a big guy), but its fine.

I would take the offer.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:34 PM
JK Super Freak

they can either cut price on the new one or give u high trade in I'm guessing. good deal on the trade in but I'm willing to bet they don't budge on high retail

Quick Reply: Holy high trade in value!! Is there an incentive to get the lifetime warranties Jeeps