Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hood Warning Sticker

Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hood Warning Sticker

I just got back from a trip to Concord for groceries. Ran into another JK owner in the parking lot and started comparing notes. He showed me the new ding in the paint on his hood, graciously "installed" by the local Jeep dealer while it was in for service. Apparently you can't lean the hood up against the windshield frame without doing at least some damage (unlike previous Jeeps, so I am told). Anybody know where I can get a BIG YELLOW warning sticker to put under the hood that says something like,

"HEY IDIOT, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT LEANING MY HOOD AGAINST THE WINDSHIELD FRAME. DAMAGE TO MY JEEP WILL RESULT IN MY FEELING THE NEED TO HURT YOU. Thank you. The management."

....or something that conveys the same sentiment without being quite so beligerent. Any ideas? AND, can someone here make these or have them made? I'd pay for one.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've put my hood all the way up numerous times, never had an issue. Now, you need to put a towel/blanket/etc arcoss the windshield as there is some paint to paint touching. But as long as you're careful it shouldn't be a big deal.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:47 PM
JK Super Freak

I would suggest Zazzle.com. I have an account and it is the only place on the web that I know of that you can import images and such from your desktop. Great site.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by KiltedJK
I've put my hood all the way up numerous times, never had an issue. Now, you need to put a towel/blanket/etc arcoss the windshield as there is some paint to paint touching. But as long as you're careful it shouldn't be a big deal.
That's exactly the point.......you and I will be very careful with our own vehicles but the dealer, Jiffylube, etc. probably won't go to the trouble without being told. Sticker would be a safeguard against third party stupidity.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

skibum...go to cafe press...thats where I got my JKGirl shirt made...they are fast and have great prices...
Old 05-09-2007, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by skibum
That's exactly the point.......you and I will be very careful with our own vehicles but the dealer, Jiffylube, etc. probably won't go to the trouble without being told. Sticker would be a safeguard against third party stupidity.
You realize that because of their stupidity they will raise the hood before they read the sticker, and by then it's to late.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

My Jeep Dealer must be the exception. The techs there know me by name, and on every and I mean every wrangler that they put the windshield up they place a nice wedge shaped piece of foam inbetween so the 2 never touch directly

but then again, they give free oil changes to the new jeep buyers as long as they own the jeep
Old 05-09-2007, 09:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sharpie.com
Old 05-10-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the input guys. I'm working on wording that will be less likely to offend (or piss off) while still getting the point across. BTW, just got back from my first trip to the new dealer. Looks like they actually manged to resolve several problems and they didn't lean the hood against the windshield.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:05 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by skibum
Thanks for the input guys. I'm working on wording that will be less likely to offend (or piss off) while still getting the point across. BTW, just got back from my first trip to the new dealer. Looks like they actually manged to resolve several problems and they didn't lean the hood against the windshield.
After following your saga of Jeep tragedy across these threads, I want a follow-up - what got resolved, and what issues are still outstanding? For the problems that were fixed, what did the dealer do (won't apply to me, but would probably be pretty helpful to others with the same problems). Keep us informed!

Quick Reply: Hood Warning Sticker