Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hood Warning Sticker

Old 05-10-2007, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
After following your saga of Jeep tragedy across these threads, I want a follow-up - what got resolved, and what issues are still outstanding? For the problems that were fixed, what did the dealer do (won't apply to me, but would probably be pretty helpful to others with the same problems). Keep us informed!
Don't have all the details yet since Dan (the senior tech at the new dealer) was pretty busy, but I'm gonna see him over the weekend at a "meet-n-greet" for the Jeep club he runs, and he has promised me a full debriefing.

What I can tell you is that my soft top was incorrectly installed (something about the gasket between the top of the windshield and the top) and now, with a fire hose running on it it doesn't leak. They flashed again for the shift point issue (old, idiot dealer claims this was done, but they say NO.) and just driving it home noticed a huge difference.

He doesn't have anything on the stall issue but assures me that he has been in touch with DCX engineering and that they are aware of the problem and working on a fix. He also told me that they are having similar problems with Libertys and Commanders. This was way more info than I got from the previous guy...........and really all I expect at this point. Previous dealer implied that I was the only one.....never heard of that before.........must be something you are doing, etc. If they couldn't fix it immediately fine.............just don't treat me like an idiot.

AND........he is getting me some cargo tie-downs from some other vehicle that will bolt up to the attachment points on my Jeep. In short, a very pleasant experience. I'm liking the JK better all the time.

Oh yeah, I got the Jeep back clean (despite them running water over it for 20 minutes) and with no dealer inflicted damage.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:35 AM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan's a good guy! Welcome by the way!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SCF
Dan's a good guy! Welcome by the way!
Excellent dealership! Great people who speak JEEP fluently! Are you a member of NEWJO?
Old 05-10-2007, 11:53 AM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

Yup! On there as "YellowX".
Old 05-10-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SCF
Yup! On there as "YellowX".
Sending them my $40.00 as soon as the wife gets paid. I met Dan and Pete and Pete's wife (can't remember her name.......too many painkillers.) today. Very nice people. The group sounds like fun and Dan said I didn't have to be embarrassed about my stone stock X.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by skibum
I just got back from a trip to Concord for groceries. Ran into another JK owner in the parking lot and started comparing notes. He showed me the new ding in the paint on his hood, graciously "installed" by the local Jeep dealer while it was in for service. Apparently you can't lean the hood up against the windshield frame without doing at least some damage (unlike previous Jeeps, so I am told). Anybody know where I can get a BIG YELLOW warning sticker to put under the hood that says something like,

"HEY IDIOT, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT LEANING MY HOOD AGAINST THE WINDSHIELD FRAME. DAMAGE TO MY JEEP WILL RESULT IN MY FEELING THE NEED TO HURT YOU. Thank you. The management."

....or something that conveys the same sentiment without being quite so beligerent. Any ideas? AND, can someone here make these or have them made? I'd pay for one.
Not just any sticker will do it. Almost any I know off the heat will loosen the glue and they will not stick long. Think of how you remove a bumper sticker and you will understand. There is some stuff that is heat resistant however I don;t know anyone that has it but there could be someone out there.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
Not just any sticker will do it. Almost any I know off the heat will loosen the glue and they will not stick long. Think of how you remove a bumper sticker and you will understand. There is some stuff that is heat resistant however I don;t know anyone that has it but there could be someone out there.
Good point. The manufacturers have access to that stuff because practically every vehicle I have ever owned has stickers under the hood for one thing or another. If I find anything I'll let you know.

Quick Reply: Hood Warning Sticker