Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

HORRIBLE experience with baseline4x4

Old 01-02-2013, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HORRIBLE experience with baseline4x4

just wanted to share my experience but first let me explain that i do understand that mistakes happen and that sometimes corrections need to be made.

i ordered a product with an advertised sale price. yes, it occurred to me that the price was too good to be true (at ~25% off). i added it to my cart, went through registration, shipping, credit card info and finished check out. i received a confirmation page and email. it all sounds good, right? i sent an email out to a few buddies that need the same part so they could get the deal. then about 10 min later i received telling me the order was cancelled. then another telling me my card has been refunded with a very short explanation (web site error). so i called and asked to speak to Sandy. oh, let me tell you.. she's a peach. she's very bitter. not at any moment did i feel that she was working for my business. i asked about the order and subsequent cancelation -- just as i explained above. the only reply she made (twice), "i said i was sorry".

it's very easy to earn business and to retain it. even after a mishap like this. i work in sales and i have maintained customers, very satisfied customers for more than 25 years. it takes very little effort. "hey, we made a mistake. let us make it up to you..." free shipping?? we'll sell it to you at our cost?? free t-shirt?? free hat?? here's a discount for your next order?? EASY stuff.

i guess that "i'm sorry" doesn't make up well enough. especially when i don't feel that you truly sorry.

i hope everyone else has a much better experience with them than i have.

Quick Reply: HORRIBLE experience with baseline4x4