Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hot in the JK

Old 07-02-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot in the JK

How many member want Chrysler/ Jeep to add insulation to they're fiberglass hard top ? At 105 its to hot in the back seats for the kids, have added a 12v fan, but the AC just can't help with cooling the back, with the top off it's just to much hot wind on the kids.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Easy to solve, get rid of the kids!

I can't relate since I have no backseat, but I can imagine how hot is must be back there...I bet it would definitely suck for the kiddos. I dont think insulation is going to help as much as you think.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slow2run
How many member want Chrysler/ Jeep to add insulation to they're fiberglass hard top ? At 105 its to hot in the back seats for the kids, have added a 12v fan, but the AC just can't help with cooling the back, with the top off it's just to much hot wind on the kids.
Easy fix, and fun to do if you like projects:

My fix: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...10#post1214310

Others that inspired me: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/project-cool-jeep-88886/

Have fun modding
Old 07-02-2009, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I know how you feel. Texas heat reaches about 108 here and I feel like I'm in an oven. Usually, I just roll down the windows halfway and blast the A/C. I start the car 5-10 minutes before I know I will leave so that when I get in, it is at least a little better on the temperature issue.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

i'm only going to go with the soft top during the summer. our weather isn't that bad up here. man do i feel for u guys, i'd def. try one of those home made insulation kits to put in the top. it def. won't get any worse
Old 07-02-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by e0987c5t3
Yeah, I know how you feel. Texas heat reaches about 108 here and I feel like I'm in an oven. Usually, I just roll down the windows halfway and blast the A/C. I start the car 5-10 minutes before I know I will leave so that when I get in, it is at least a little better on the temperature issue.
Cheater Heh we have been setting record temps the last two weeks. Crazy temps. Before the headliner mod I would do the same, lower windows enough to vent heat, then blast the AC. Now it is quite pleasant just blasting the AC
Old 07-02-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Getting stuck in traffic with the top down in serious heat is pretty crappy... I thought I was actually going to pass out for a few minutes on one drive. I find having the soft top on but the windows out is the best solution for heat.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MoridinTX
Cheater Heh we have been setting record temps the last two weeks. Crazy temps. Before the headliner mod I would do the same, lower windows enough to vent heat, then blast the AC. Now it is quite pleasant just blasting the AC
Yeah I really can not stand the Texas heat. I'm all nice and cool in my house and the moment I step outside my garage, lol I can feel my skin peel off by the sun rays. I don't even make it out 2 steps before I start sweating . That bedlined mod sounds really good to me now. I actually plan on doing all that this weekend. . Record temp was 108 and it stayed at that
Old 07-02-2009, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by e0987c5t3
Yeah I really can not stand the Texas heat. I'm all nice and cool in my house and the moment I step outside my garage, lol I can feel my skin peel off by the sun rays. I don't even make it out 2 steps before I start sweating . That bedlined mod sounds really good to me now. I actually plan on doing all that this weekend. . Record temp was 108 and it stayed at that
Yeah, I was really surprised after installing the Aeroforce Gauge how hot my JK was when I left at 3:30am. It was still ~107, crazy. I used to be die hard, now am quickly becoming lush hehe.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smuhhh
Getting stuck in traffic with the top down in serious heat is pretty crappy... I thought I was actually going to pass out for a few minutes on one drive. I find having the soft top on but the windows out is the best solution for heat.
good idea, but in Texas having a mesh top works much better, cuts the sun, but lets the heat rise, also the black top absorbs the suns rays and can make it feel hotter.
Top off, Doors off, Mesh Safari...(and A/C blasting if I have to sit in traffic...LOL)

Quick Reply: Hot in the JK