Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Hothead headliner

Old 08-02-2010, 10:08 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Headliner Colors

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that we have new headliner colors available. We still have Graphite & Black (the two favorites), but we've added some new ones and have better pictures of them all. We will send out actual swatches upon request.
See them at: www.hotheadheadliners.com
Thanks for your support,
Mark
Old 08-03-2010, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plan on buying the headliner for my unlimited once i put the hard top back on. What color closely matches the stock grey interior?
Old 08-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Labor Day Sale!

Hi everyone,
I just want to announce that Hothead Headliners is having a Labor Day Sale. We are offering 10% off all headliner kits. As an extra bonus for Forum members we will give an additional 5% off to the first 10 members who phone in their order.
We also want to thank you for all of your support and kind words. We will continue to do our best to provide a quality product and good customer service.
Feel free to call with any questions: 714-872-2071
www.hotheadheadliners.com

Mark
Old 08-16-2010, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcambrose
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know that we have new headliner colors available. We still have Graphite & Black (the two favorites), but we've added some new ones and have better pictures of them all. We will send out actual swatches upon request.
See them at: www.hotheadheadliners.com
Thanks for your support,
Mark
There is a problem with your website on the color page....NONE of the photos are showing up.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whpony96
There is a problem with your website on the color page....NONE of the photos are showing up.
Seems to be working now. The "colors" are all blacks and shades of gray.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Driving down to Irvine to pick me up some Hotheads in the morning. I could scramble eggs on the inside of my top today! And I'm sure they would stick!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

OK I picked up my Hotheads from Mark this morning. Everything seems as advertised so far. After unpacking and watching all the videos I brought my front panels inside. I wiped them down with alcohol as recommended, then installed. Installation was about 5 minutes, taking my time.

Doing the middle and rear panel will be more work. But since it's 111 degrees in my backyard right now, I think I will wait until the morning to do those two. And I'm leaving the front panels indoors overnight. My jeep is under a carport.

They do look nice and smooth and feel like regular headliners. There are firm with just a little cushion to them (yes I can think of several one liner responses to that myself).

They measure about 3/8" plus the thickness of the velcro would put them about 1/2" below the flat ribs of the jeep panels. I am glad they aren't 1 inch thick. I am long waisted and I already sit close enough to the roof as it is.

I will give more feedback after I have them all in and try them out.

If you want pics, go to the HotHeadHeadliners website. They look exactly like that. Also other threads here have already posted pics.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:00 PM
JK Newbie

I'll throw my recent experience in here......

Ordred my headliners back in 1/10 but waited until it got warm in March to put them in. Followed the directions and video and installed without a problem. Sometime in June, the rear and middle panels came down. Not due to glue failure, but the velcro hook and loop pieces just seperated. I figured I didn't put them together perfectly, so I used a small wooden wallpaper seam roller to really apply pressure on the velcro. It held up good, even though we ahve had above 90 degree weather for about 6 weeks now. Last week, the rear section fell again.

I looked on the Hotheads website and sent a query to the "Contact us" link, asking about this issue on Sunday evening. Not more than 15 minutes later my phone rang and it was Mark. I was suprised to say the least by the promptness of the reply and it was a SUNDAY night. He explained that for a very short period of time, there was a batch of defective velcro. He is mailing me new velcro strips to put on. The old ones do not have to be removed, these will be in addition to them.

I don't think you could get any better customer service than that.

Yes, they do fit great, and they work as advertised.

John
Old 08-24-2010, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's good to hear.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

So far, Im very happy with mine. I even ordered the side pieces today to finish the interior. Looks factory, AC/heater work better, quieter interior. A little pricey but worth it for the benefits in my opinion.

Flash

Quick Reply: Hothead headliner