Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How can I stop all the wind from half doors

Old 05-13-2018, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I stop all the wind from half doors

I just recently put my half doors back on but this time left the hard top on...at least until it gets a bit warmer... I get a lot of wind coming in to my face from the side and really don't like that one bit. I am of the impression that the rain/wind guards made for jeeps are for use with full doors but I really don't know for sure...Can anyone tell me how to stop all this wind turbulence ?... Is it safe to drive with the back window open ?
Old 05-16-2018, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Something doesn’t sound right with your setup. You should have a solid seal around every window. Post some pics.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Seal around window ? I have half doors and and no drop in windows...What seal ??
Old 05-16-2018, 02:21 PM
JK Freak

I don’t follow. Do you have the uppers that go with the half doors?
Old 05-16-2018, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

Guess I'm the one who's lost... I don't have any uppers...don't even know what they are but need to contact Q'trac and see about it... All I have are half doors and upper canvas drop in's..which I really dislike, BTW.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:51 PM
JK Freak

Take pics so we can see what you’re working with.
Old 05-16-2018, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

OK...will do tomorrow ...Ran today with back window open and that helped but not sure it's wise to do that.. All I have is half doors on...no other type of shield, or whatever above that... Likely it will be ok when it gets warmer and I can take off freedom panels....I'm much more disabled now than a few years ago when I took the top completely off so can't really do that now...

I looked on Q'trac page and some youtube and looks like the window surrounds are meant for the soft top...dunno for sure
Old 05-17-2018, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The window surrounds take the place of the seal that the hard top and freedom panels provide. There are some soft top doors that you can bend the upper portion towards the Jeep to get a better seal.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:48 AM
JK Newbie

I don't use the soft top windows very often if at all. Just have half doors but left the hard top on. Later when I remove the freedom panels things will likely be better. I'm also trying to run with back window (over the tailgate) open and that helps a lot. Seems that having the hardtop still on is the problem. Too cold here yet to remove it or even the freedom panels....

I have looked at the surrounds you all spoke of and can't see how they would help me.. I even had a chat session with someone at Q'trac and they had no idea how to help out and didn't mention the surrounds..
Old 05-17-2018, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Okay, I finally understand what’s going on now. You’re bothered that the wind is blowing on your face, because you’re running half doors without the windows. Not to sound like an ass...but what did you think was going to happen? Come on man! We’ve been thinking there was an issue with the seal around your uppers. The uppers btw, are the portion that sits on top of your half door, that acts as the window.
The following 2 users liked this post by jsukey:
woodchuck123 (05-17-2018), Xinarin13 (06-12-2018)

Quick Reply: How can I stop all the wind from half doors