Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How to fold the soft top videos

Old 02-25-2008, 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default How to fold the soft top videos

Got this email today... figured i'd pass it along to those that didnt get one. its a set of video's showing how to fold the soft top.

http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/soft_t...T8softtopguide

enjoy.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Informative, I picked up a couple of tips to make things easier in removing and reinstalling the rear and side windows. However, when he folded the top down all the way it looked like crap! He was just stuffing it all in there under the tops folds. It didnt look neat and tidy at all! Which was what I had hoped to get out of the video. Oh well, Guess I will just keep trying to perfect it my own way.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by delindakay
Informative, I picked up a couple of tips to make things easier in removing and reinstalling the rear and side windows. However, when he folded the top down all the way it looked like crap! He was just stuffing it all in there under the tops folds. It didnt look neat and tidy at all! Which was what I had hoped to get out of the video. Oh well, Guess I will just keep trying to perfect it my own way.
I agree, this would have helped me out a few months ago when I picked up the Jeep (took me awhile to find the easy way of attaching the header latches) but I did gain a few tips for installing the side windows easier then my current method.

Any links that demonstrate a nice fold for the top when you're done?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:03 AM
JK Junkie

I was looking for something like this

Thank you
Old 02-26-2008, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by delindakay
However, when he folded the top down all the way it looked like crap! He was just stuffing it all in there under the tops folds. It didnt look neat and tidy at all! Which was what I had hoped to get out of the video.
Totally agreed - when my wife does it that way I get a very unpleasant look on my face (or so she tells me). I've seen much worse though, like the half open "drag chute" look that seemed to be popular around here last summer.

One thing that works for me is using the longer velcro straps around the middle of the folds to keep everything tightly folded. I'm thinking of getting the top boot this spring to really neaten it up.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

you're welcome all... and as for how to fold... the video wasn't far off. i spent an hour or so one day way back in may when it started warming up, just experimenting on how to fold the top down neatly. cause like most of you folks, i didn't want it looking like a mess, and i didn't want to damage it. i finally figured it out and its not much different then the video. a pair of velcro straps around it will help make it looke nicer, but for the most part this is what it'll look like:

Old 02-26-2008, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very cool - thanks - those guys always make it look so easy
I normally get my butt kicked if I hadn't done it in a while.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Junkie

I've had it down for 3 days now, and really thinking I need the boot. It just looks bunched back there and after a few days (with some freeway driving) it certainly does not sit as well back there.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

The video is helpful, especially for newbie's. I question their casting choices. Did they have to pick the dorky-ist guy they could find?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

2 comments:

That's pretty much how I lower/raise my top. When my top is folded down, it's a whole lit neater than the video; the whole top is accordian-folded.

Question:

What the hell was that latch or button that he pressed to release the top, in chapter 3?

Quick Reply: How to fold the soft top videos