Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How long is too long?

Old 07-11-2009, 04:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long is too long?

Ok, so you order a bumper for your Jeep, you have to pay for it up front, they tell you it will be 3 weeks.....3 weeks go by and nothing.....another week and nothing....you call and are told shipping this week......2 more weeks go by and nothing......how long do you wait?
Old 07-11-2009, 04:47 AM
JK Junkie

What adds to my frustration is the company has a new bumper out and they are shipping them all over the place.....many members here keep getting them and posting pictures.......Arghhhhhhh

and yes a little communication would be nice......not sure if I should be upset with the vendor or the manufacturer...
Old 07-11-2009, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

Not to rub salt in a wound, but I ordered front and rear bumpers from 4wd Hardware, they told me four days for delivery. Four days later I had both bumpers delivered to my door.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:19 AM
JK Junkie

I had no problem with the wait had it been accurate.....but the time has doubled now. My rear gate is buckling as I sit here typing and I still have no answer as to when or if I will be getting it. To top it off, they are holding my money or using it to pay their bills with it in the mean time....I am just frustrated I guess.....
Old 07-11-2009, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think that's too long already. Who is the vendor if you don't mind me asking?
Old 07-11-2009, 08:29 AM
JK Junkie

It is a site sponsor so I would rather not say, I am not sure it is their fault anyhow. I believe the tire carrier is shipped directly from the manufacturer.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by BaltChief
Ok, so you order a bumper for your Jeep, you have to pay for it up front, they tell you it will be 3 weeks.....3 weeks go by and nothing.....another week and nothing....you call and are told shipping this week......2 more weeks go by and nothing......how long do you wait?
I know it would be pissin me off for sure. Unfortunately sometimes you have to threaten businesses (can you say BBB?) before they hear ya. I'd be on the horn raising holy hell with them.
Good Luck.....
Old 07-11-2009, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Call the person you ordered it from and tell them your situation. If it the vendor I assume it is and the bumper I assume it is, both are quality and both will do their best to take care of you.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

X2 on calling the vendor. Yall know a couple of the vendors here have a long wait, not saying it's right, but I'm sure you'll be estatic once it's on your rig. You could send them a PM aswell. All else fails, contact WOL, I'm sure he'll help you out with this.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Site vendor or not, that kind of information may be useful to other forum members (that is the purpose of the site). It would help to know the information on the vendor and the product, especially if it is direct shipped. Not to mention, the vendor may pipe up on here and address any future customers concerns. I know I would like to know who....

Quick Reply: How long is too long?