Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How many days in a row with doors AND top off??

Old 05-02-2012, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many days in a row with doors AND top off??

I searched and figured we needed a thread to see how many days in a row, each time, we can leave our doors AND top off.
Took mine off today, hope to get at least 4 days before I have to put them back on.
So, post up how long you were able to leave them off, before finally putting them back on.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I went about 7. Tops up today and it's pouring, still doors off tho.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Last July I made it the whole 2 week shutdown, only 1 day I stayed home because it rained and the Jeep was in the garage lol

Usually it only get's completely naked only if the whole weekend is going to be nice though, since I won't take it doorless to work.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GulfCoastJeeper
I went about 7. Tops up today and it's pouring, still doors off tho.
Do you stay pretty dry? I wear a suit to work and was curious about this.

Top and doors came off last night, expect them to stay off till next Tuesday (would be 7 days)
Old 05-02-2012, 07:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mind came ocf saturday and no rain until monday so that would be 8 if the weather holds out
Old 05-02-2012, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

8 days was the longest I went. It sprinkled on me the eighth day so I got home and put them on...needless to say that night and the remainder of that week it monsooned so...I think anything longer than a couple of days is like doing a rain dance lol
Old 05-02-2012, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About 9 months. its not my DD so i leaving it in the garage and drive my bmw when the weather is bad out. I put the top and doors on at the middle of texas winter( when the temps hit lower than 70 during the day) and take it back off early spring.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

3 1/2 weeks with no doors and the trektop on..rooster tails and passing cars sometimes splash me in the rain, but it doesnt hurt if my gf didnt complain on chilly mornings and nights, the doors would be off all spring summer and fall. I always want to ride in the jeep so i comply and pop the doors back on..then they come back off when we get back
Old 05-02-2012, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love having both the top and doors off. The soft doors are great so if you can take the doors off while out, you can just toss them in the back of the Jeep and experience the liberation!

Last edited by arjeeper; 05-03-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Right now I'm jeepless... my 2012 is on order and I just sold my TJ.

But last year I had my top off from early April to sometime in September.... I think I only had to put it back on once for about 2 days... Texas had a huge drought and that sucked... but it made it easy to leave the top off the jeep for a VERY long stretch. I did get a wet ride once because it actually did rain and my top was still off....

Doors were on/off quite frequently.... but top was off almost the whole time!

Don't think I'll come anywhere close to that this year... but I bet I hit a couple stretches of 2 weeks or better.

Quick Reply: How many days in a row with doors AND top off??