Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How old are you? Is JK for all ages?

Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mid 40's here...this is my 4th Jeep and my Daily Driver.....love my JK8
Old 11-13-2012, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

The "norm" out here are middle aged white men (couples) with an age range of 45-65 with the bulk being down in the 45-55 age bracket. We have come across some outliers on both ends of the bell curve but not enough to skew the results to a right or left skewed distribution.

Why is this? Welp my from my own unofficial and far from scientific study of this subset it appears money and time play a big factor in owning and WHEELING a jeep. Let's face it when you are young, you are normally not making a lot of money and what money you are making is going to the family you just started. So with that most of the people we wheel with are empty nesters looking for something to do in their now spare time since they are not longer raising the brude. Not only that wheeling takes time. As I stated on the trail just yesterday, "if you have someplace to be, then you need to NOT be on the trail". When we are older, dance recitals are no more, cheer practice, debate team practice, football practice/games, and all that other stuff associated with raising our spawn is no longer required so, we wheel.

So that takes of the time. Now for the money. Let us face when we are young, unless you have a silver spoon or some trust fund you normally don't have a lot of money and as we know Jeeping is expensive. There is the gas, the mods, the repairs, the hotels or camping equipment, and all that goes with it. The modding is never really done as we know then there is the mod, wheel, break, repair, cycle we all know and love. So, young people normally don't have the money for this. Not only that, bringing a youngin on the trail welp, normally just not a good idea because as we all know that when Gilligan set out on a 3 hr tour it ended up lasting several yrs. We have all been out on a "short and easy" trail where something happened and ended up being out there for hours righting the situation.

So, not normally a young persons hobby... middle aged, pot belly, balding, goatee sportin, white males is the norm for us. Kinda like the Harley crowd without the noise.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

34yrs old. Four door Rubi to take the family on vacation.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Former Member

38 years old. Retired from first career and starting a second. Take the family on vacations and use it for work.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:40 PM
JK Newbie

I am 47. This is my first Jeep although I have always had 4x4 pickups prior to this. I think I will always own one now. I little impractical when raising a family. Now kids are older. My yougest son now has a 95 YJ
Old 11-14-2012, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

I am 16 and we are on my families 2nd jeep. I am taking over the jeep slowly.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:29 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
OR-FAB

26, second Jeep, forth vehicle. Started with a Ford Bronco
Old 11-15-2012, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

I'm 30.... Drove a CJ3 for a bit in high school (when my pa gave up the keys). I dreamed of the Unlimited since its appearance in 07. Made the dream a reality last March and I smile every time I make a payment.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am at the right age and the JK fits my needs perfectly. Its been two and a half years and I still love it. Now my wife loves it too
Old 05-17-2013, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ruchster65
I am 47. This is my first Jeep although I have always had 4x4 pickups prior to this. I think I will always own one now. I little impractical when raising a family. Now kids are older. My yougest son now has a 95 YJ
That's why I went with the Unlimited (my kids are still younger - 11 and 7). I had a TJ and it was barely practical with one child. I couldn't imagine two or three kids with a CJ.

Quick Reply: How old are you? Is JK for all ages?