Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

how to remove overspray from hardtop?

Old 03-06-2010, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuffaar
Did you get anything to get off the paint?
Hey Kuffaar, the best thing I found is a clay bar and wax. Its a job to clay bar the whole jeep, but its worth it. Another tactic I'm trying to use is washing the Jeep more often. Every time I wash it, the surface feels smoother. But honestly, I'm starting not to care about the overspray anymore.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:52 AM
JK Super Freak

You could consider it a badge of fun and commitment. You work for the company which enables you to buy the jeep and have fun.

So just remember we work to live we dont live to work although sometime it feels that way.

Honestly, from what I know clay bars and lots of wax are the only things that keep stuff off vehicles. One other thing works as you stated earlier a layer of dirt and mud.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I painted my house a few years ago with a sprayer, and my hard top was in the back yard, up a hill, over 100 feet away, still got coated.

I got it off the windows with a razor blade.

my ultimate solution for the hard top was to sell the jeep and buy a new one.

If you do get it off, I'd recommend buying a car cover for the future, definitely worth it in your case.

Quick Reply: how to remove overspray from hardtop?