Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

How to remove rash from tire sidewalls?

Old 05-06-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to remove rash from tire sidewalls?

Got a little carried away aiming for curbs.
Retarded I know but all the cars in my life had low profile tires and it felt good not fearing the curbs.
But my tires look like poo now :lol: Wheels are fine
Old 05-07-2011, 12:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could try a palm sander.

Wranglers are about the only vehicle where light abuse not only fits, but kinda looks good. I am not at all a fan of the crushed panels, and don't ever want one / would have it fixed - but light damage is in a weird way nice. Just roll with it, and consider it a perk.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

The Jeep Doc prescribes a minimum of 4 to 8 hours of off road use, this is Dirt roads, or Rocks, Trails and a light application of dust and/or mud. Snow is also very helpful. Perform once daily for 2 days or more. That should heal the rash. Using the prescription more then prescribed will produce further enjoyment.

Last edited by offtrack; 05-07-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by offtrack
The Jeep Doc prescribes a minimum of 4 to 8 hours of off road use, this is Dirt roads, or Rocks, Trails and a light application of dust and/or mud. Snow is also very helpful. Perform once daily for 2 days or more. That should heal the rash.
Lol! Scrub with a course brush and get a tire shine applicator and spray bottle tire shine at the local parts store and your golden! Works everytime with my KM2's
Old 05-07-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Freak

Black shoe polish?

Quick Reply: How to remove rash from tire sidewalls?