Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

i love having the top off

Old 06-17-2009, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i love having the top off

i love having the top of, even if its suppose to be 107 today.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joes-jk
i love having the top of, even if its suppose to be 107 today.
I have been so tempted to drop mine a few times this week. Pretty much everyday for the last two weeks has been mid to high 60's. The only problem is the dark and ominous clouds that keep hovering. Sometimes they produce and sometimes they don't, I just don't want my wife to get stuck with the top down and it starts pouring rain.

We had a huge downpour last night, lots of lightening. I left the Jeep in the drive, without the top up we'd have had a huge pool of water inside.

I agree, it would be nice though.

I hope Smuhhh doesn't see this. Any soft-top discussion and I'm afraid he'll take his life.

Beel
Old 06-17-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was leaving work a few years ago. I got to the Jeep and started opening the top. As I was doing so, another guy came out and got into his Wrangler, which was was parked nearby. I asked him "aren't you going to take the top off?" to which he replied "No - I don't have the time." Some folks just don't get it....
Old 06-17-2009, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beel_MT
I have been so tempted to drop mine a few times this week. Pretty much everyday for the last two weeks has been mid to high 60's. The only problem is the dark and ominous clouds that keep hovering. Sometimes they produce and sometimes they don't, I just don't want my wife to get stuck with the top down and it starts pouring rain.
Beel
see i saw clouds and i took it down hopeing it would stay in the 90's. in az the clouds never produce for the most part lol.

Originally Posted by geoffcwilson
I was leaving work a few years ago. I got to the Jeep and started opening the top. As I was doing so, another guy came out and got into his Wrangler, which was was parked nearby. I asked him "aren't you going to take the top off?" to which he replied "No - I don't have the time." Some folks just don't get it....
nope they dont, i love it.

also this isnt why i take it down, but ive noticed i get way more compliments, and looks when i have it down.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Left the roof and doors home for the last week, had a shower today, it was great now i don't have to clean the inside. threres one of those 4 dr units here in town and they still have the hard top on, must be a mall crawler or somthing. I love the open feeling and get lots of drooling stares when the sun shines just turn up the tunes and ignore the world.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mariner
Left the roof and doors home for the last week, had a shower today, it was great now i don't have to clean the inside. threres one of those 4 dr units here in town and they still have the hard top on, must be a mall crawler or somthing. I love the open feeling and get lots of drooling stares when the sun shines just turn up the tunes and ignore the world.
get the same here in Toronto and I can't quite get why I see more 4 Dr/2 Dr's with hard tops? If you buy a Jeep isn't one of the main reasons for the convertible life? Yeah to off road, but also for the weather? Strange Kanucks!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

im topless today...I really want to peel the doors off
Old 06-18-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Jeez. 107. Leave the top up but take the doors off.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joepile
ugh i love having mine off too, but it wont stop freaking raining here in jersey
Same here in MA!!

It's KILLING me. I've had the doors off for a month and a half, I had to pull the rugs cuz they were so wet.

I swear, I am starting to understand why the suicide rate in Seattle is so high... Geeez.....
Old 06-18-2009, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yep, rain ALLLL day in Jersey. I have a hard top now but I'm currently looking at getting myself a soft top. Don't forget, some of us would LOVE to have a soft top, yet they either picked it up off the lot with a hardtop or their town isn't very "Soft Top Friendly" if you know what I mean. Mine was a little bit of both and go figure, I still had my Jeep broken into back in January. Live and Learn...

Quick Reply: i love having the top off