Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

I REALLY need a pep talk...

Old 06-12-2007, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hang in there Nick. I got mine last night, and I am in love!

You know what they say, good things come to those to wait...and only the things in life that are worth anything are worth waiting for... or some bs like that.

Truth be told I couldn't wait so I went to another dealer. I didn't get 100% what I wanted, but close enough!

The good news is that you will be getting an 07 and not having to wait a bit longer for the 08.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MALLCrawler
Hang in there Nick. I got mine last night, and I am in love!

You know what they say, good things come to those to wait...and only the things in life that are worth anything are worth waiting for... or some bs like that.

Truth be told I couldn't wait so I went to another dealer. I didn't get 100% what I wanted, but close enough!

The good news is that you will be getting an 07 and not having to wait a bit longer for the 08.
Yep, you got it. I really think it will be worth the wait.

I'm feeling better about it and I've decided to stick it out for a while. We'll see what happens.

Heck, I read about the 07 jeep in '05 in a Car and Driver. That's when I decided I wanted one. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Nick
Thanks for the search on the Rubicons, I'll check into those. A drive to AL won't be too bad from GA. Hell, I'd probably fly to any of the other locations anyway if it meant a Rubi soon. How did you search a larger radius? when I go on jeep, I just get the default, about 100miles.
You're welcome. I searched from the Jeep website. After you do the first search go to New Search, then click Advanced Search (tab I think) and then you can specify the number of miles.

I'm in Georgia too. Where are you at in Georgia?
Old 06-12-2007, 03:33 PM
JK Newbie

Sav. GA. We'll have to hit some trails sometime since I FOUND ONE!! woot.

It's black and I was gonna get the red rock, but it has everything else I want. I used your trick on the Jeep site and went through 5 pages before I found a dealership with any, and he had two listed. They aren't even on the lot yet, they will be there this weekend.

I learned that the Jeep website lists them in the dealers inventory before they arrive on the dealers lot.

I'm so excited I can't stand it. Only one week left. WOOT! :some crazy happy face doing something nutty:
Old 06-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor

Congratulations! I'm glad it worked for you. Apparently, the Jeep search is more updated than what the dealers get too. My Jeep was originally from Florida, was then traded to a dealership in Alabama, and finally it was traded to my dealership in Georgia.

I sacrificed on color too (got the Red Rock instead of silver). I also didn't get the Sunrider top or the myGig. Everything else was what I wanted including half doors which were a must for me.

A few people are thinking about a run to Morris Mountain in Alabama in mid to late July.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:05 AM
JK Newbie

Morris Mt. huh? I'm game, but I'm new at this. This is my first Jeep. I've driven plenty (my father-in-law let's me take his as long as I want), but this one will the first I've owned.

I have a friend that's done this a lot and he's given me a lot of pointers, but I'll need some instruction I'm sure.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:27 AM
Former Vendor

That's quite allright.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:36 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, when i first started looking at JK's last year, i went to the dealer and filled out a buildsheet to request one with the options i wanted. (at the time, they have changed a little since)

Sahara, Redrock, 2dr, Manual, 18" Wheels, Dual tops, Side Air bags... etc. that was about the end of August '06.

In the meantime they ended up with the one i have now, which i liked a little better and had some option changes for the spousal unit.

They supposedly never took the one i had built on paper out of the system.

I dropped my Jeep off yesterday for ANOTHER bout of stalling and that frigging cable that locks the transmission in park without the brake applied needs to be thrown off of a cliff...

They where taking a redrock 2dr Sahara off the truck. Salesguy came out and said "Gee, betcha yer glad ya didnt wait for that one arent ya?"

I said "Why? i have one and I am still here, i would rather be picking up a new one than dropping one off that stalls out dead at 65fekking miles an hour"

He clamped his yap shut and scurried back inside.

You may be happy about the wait.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Well, when i first started looking at JK's last year, i went to the dealer and filled out a buildsheet to request one with the options i wanted. (at the time, they have changed a little since)

Sahara, Redrock, 2dr, Manual, 18" Wheels, Dual tops, Side Air bags... etc. that was about the end of August '06.

In the meantime they ended up with the one i have now, which i liked a little better and had some option changes for the spousal unit.

They supposedly never took the one i had built on paper out of the system.

I dropped my Jeep off yesterday for ANOTHER bout of stalling and that frigging cable that locks the transmission in park without the brake applied needs to be thrown off of a cliff...

They where taking a redrock 2dr Sahara off the truck. Salesguy came out and said "Gee, betcha yer glad ya didnt wait for that one arent ya?"

I said "Why? i have one and I am still here, i would rather be picking up a new one than dropping one off that stalls out dead at 65fekking miles an hour"

He clamped his yap shut and scurried back inside.

You may be happy about the wait.

I've read a little on the forums about this stalling bug. I sure hope I don't get it. That sounds kind of frustrating. Although, I've never heard of anyone having a major problem because of it, it just makes everything flicker for a sec and then all is well.

Is your bug more serious?
Old 06-13-2007, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JK-Nick
I've read a little on the forums about this stalling bug. I sure hope I don't get it. That sounds kind of frustrating. Although, I've never heard of anyone having a major problem because of it, it just makes everything flicker for a sec and then all is well.

Is your bug more serious?
That isn't serious enough? I saw a post where one guy lost power when it happened and he was rearended because he slowed fast at HWY speed. Loose power offroad going up or down hill and see what happens 2 seconds could cause just enough slip to tumble downhill uncontrolably. Not sure how bad it has been for Happy but I am glad that so far it has not happened to me because if it did it would be hell in the dealers service center.

Quick Reply: I REALLY need a pep talk...