Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

If I could change just ONE thing about the JK, it would be _____________

Old 06-01-2007, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5.7 V8 Hemi
Old 06-01-2007, 10:05 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJunkie
More cubby-holes to put my things in...I hate digging through the center console for everything.
Yes! Those pockets in the doors should be sized to hold a typical road map. They must have hired the guy who developed the 18-egg holder for refrigerator doors and the 8-bun package for hot dog buns to come up with those pockets! (I figure the same guy did all three--surely there isn't more than one person that dumb in the entire world, is there?)

And I'll add my own: A place to hold pocket change (no, not the whole center console!).

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 06-01-2007 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
Ummm... If I could change one thing about your post, it would be punctuation... holy run-on, batman!

I love my Jeep - I just want it to last damn-near forever, so that I can continue to enjoy it... that's why I'd change the easy-rust metal.

A lot of these features/ideas that people are listing are "nice to have" (i.e. the fold-and-tilt passenger seat). I totally agree with most of what you guys/gals have written, but are these just nitpicks or are these things that you think about every time you drive your Jeep? Just saying...
I'm gonna have to put in another vote for the front passenger tumble seat. I don't think it's a "nitpick". I feel bad every time someone is trying to get into my back seat and has a hard time. However, I very rarely have passengers and this is not a problem when the top is off because I just have people jump in that way but man it's such a pain to get back there with the seat only able to slide as much as it does. I also found it weird that the seatbelt on the front passenger seat is attached to the seat making it even more difficult when your climbing into the back. The TJs did not have the seatbelt attached like that and the driver's side doesn't have it attached either. I could only imagine how much more difficult it will be once my JK is lifted.

That's pretty much my main and only complain.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Redesign the hood with some kind of stop to keep people from resting your hood against your windshield and damaging the paint/body (when changing oil,servicing)

Last edited by LidLess07X; 06-02-2007 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TORN
Thicker Body Metal
I concur.............seems really cheap
Old 06-03-2007, 05:22 AM
JK Newbie

Access to the back seat (2dr), although ladies in short skirts make for good comedy.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalRubi
Access to the back seat (2dr), although ladies in short skirts make for good comedy.
I agree
Old 06-03-2007, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Wow, guess I'm the only one that wishes for smarter dealers and techs!!!
I love my Jeep.
Old 06-03-2007, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey .... it is a Jeep... The things you don't like, you change it, want bigger axles, swap it, different engine.... swap it... this is what having a Jeep is all about LOL

With that being said I would like more power.. V-8 or Diesel would be nice, but I will be swapping out my engine for the 5.7L Hemi next year
Old 06-03-2007, 06:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thicker sheet metal. Everytime I look at my 90 YJ or think of my old CJ I get sick at how thin the "metal" is on my JK.

We had a horrible hail storm creep up last year. My 57 Chevy and my dads scrambler were sitting out in the open. My sisters 4runner was parked in the driveway with a little tree cover. Not a ding or dent on the chevy or jeep. My sisters 4runner looked like a golf ball.

I can only imagine what the JK would look like if that happened. I mean c'mon...a plastic grill???

Quick Reply: If I could change just ONE thing about the JK, it would be _____________