Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

If you gave a deposit to a dealer to order from the factory...

Old 08-20-2007, 10:30 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We put down $100 to order our 08 Rubicon several weeks ago. Hopefully we will see it in several months? It is totally refundable if we find one on the lot somewhere else in the near future to purchase

Dave,
Old 08-20-2007, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered one with $1000 deposit. I made the dealership email me that the deposit is refundable, so I had it "in writing". So mine is 100% refundable.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks everybody!

I've already contacted other dealers who will be giving me quotes today. I'll give Jeff a call at Don-A-Vee as well.

Thanks again,
SCOOL BZ
Old 08-20-2007, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scoolbz
I've already contacted other dealers who will be giving me quotes today. I'll give Jeff a call at Don-A-Vee as well.

Thanks again,
SCOOL BZ
If you give a refundable deposit to any dealer have in writing how long it takes to receive it back. 2-4 days...1 week, etc. Good luck, shop around & enjoy your new JK
Old 08-20-2007, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

My dealer let me order two (one with MyGig...one without).

He did not require any deposit.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I ordered mine, the understanding was exactly as Area-51 described.

My order never progressed to the "Build" status (4.5 months queue), so eventually I cancelled it and received a refund.

btw- I continued to do an inventory search for a couple months, and found a Rubi very similar to exactly what I wanted, with the exception it was Rescue Green versus Jeep Green, and without power convenience. I decided, "who cares" about the power windows\doors...and snatched that baby up.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Smile

Originally Posted by jspellacy
My dealer let me order two (one with MyGig...one without).

He did not require any deposit.
I ordered mine in Arkansas over the phone - no deposit.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kachad
When I ordered mine, the understanding was exactly as Area-51 described.

My order never progressed to the "Build" status (4.5 months queue), so eventually I cancelled it and received a refund.

btw- I continued to do an inventory search for a couple months, and found a Rubi very similar to exactly what I wanted, with the exception it was Rescue Green versus Jeep Green, and without power convenience. I decided, "who cares" about the power windows\doors...and snatched that baby up.
I found one with everything except the power windows and was going to get it. However, it turns out that power windows is the only thing my wife cares about... so in the interest of domestic tranquility, I have to get power windows.

Scool Bz
Old 08-20-2007, 07:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've often heard that domestic tranquility is the best thing there is, besides having a JK in the driveway. If power windows preserves the peace, then I say that is the most important thing. However, remember to bring up that concession to the peace when it comes down to a question like: "Honey, I think we could really use those window treatments that match our newly painted walls versus that winch that you have been talking about" then perhaps a counter would be "Dearest, those window treatments would sure be nice, but wouldn't you rather insure that we don't get stuck in the middle of nowhere when a winch would bring us safely back to the campsite where I could give you a deep tissue massage and be a slave to your needs for the rest of the night versus walking ten miles until we get into cell phone coverage?"
Old 08-20-2007, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Domestic tranquility

Originally Posted by Kachad
I've often heard that domestic tranquility is the best thing there is, besides having a JK in the driveway. If power windows preserves the peace, then I say that is the most important thing. However, remember to bring up that concession to the peace when it comes down to a question like: "Honey, I think we could really use those window treatments that match our newly painted walls versus that winch that you have been talking about" then perhaps a counter would be "Dearest, those window treatments would sure be nice, but wouldn't you rather insure that we don't get stuck in the middle of nowhere when a winch would bring us safely back to the campsite where I could give you a deep tissue massage and be a slave to your needs for the rest of the night versus walking ten miles until we get into cell phone coverage?"
Since my wife's the greatest, she's all for whatever I want to do to it (even turn it into an off-road school bus) so I don't begrudge her the power windows. Once I get the Jeep, I gotta find a de-comissioned bus to get the swing out stop sign... among other things.

I'll be ordering by the end of the week!

Quick Reply: If you gave a deposit to a dealer to order from the factory...