Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Im done with Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler

Old 06-29-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im done with Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler

*Rant begins*

I just got from the dealer regarding my bubbling door hinges and I must say that I'm really disappointed in how this company is doing business.

I took my jeep in for the bubbling paint a month ago in which they took pictures and said they'd get back to me when they got the ok. I've been in once a week since then asking what's the hold up and the service manager would say they were playing "email tag" which means Chrysler sends the dealership a question regarding my jeep, they answer, and it repeats the next day with a different question.

I went in earlier this week and got a different answer. He said that the local body shop would do it for $660 but Chrysler would only pay $600 (these are ballpark numbers). I look at the service guy and gave the look of "Aaannnddd???".... He says I'll have to pay the rest! My jeep is well under the bumper to bumper 36k warranty, not to mention the 3 year unlimited milage anti-corrosion warranty. So me, the service guy, manager and a few others discuss how sorry this is. We decided that the best course was for me to call ( the service guy said he had already talked to them and explained that they did not have a body shop and were at the "whim" of the shops in the area. )

I called Chrysler and long story short, they were rude, obnoxious and said there was nothing to be done. I played the card " you've lost my future business" and they could have cared less.

This phone call lasted the better part of an hour but that was the main points. After the call I got the dealer ship to cut me a check and I'll do the job myself. In all fairness I think the dealer ship should have eaten the difference. I mean come on, it was $60 difference!

I guess I could've gotten it done if I had gotten hateful about it and chewed everyones ass but I've decided to say "to Hell with it!" I told the guys standing there (manager included) that this was it. Chryslers lost my business. Again every one agreed with me and one guy said this will drive business away, which it already has. I can't wait to see what happens when/if I need to use the lifetime warranty.

I love my jeep. This is the only vehicle that I truly enjoy and love to drive, and it's completely stock! I'll keep it on ( and off ) the road until the frame rust in half. And then I'll fix that! But this truly is a shame what Chrysler is doing. This was my first and last Jeep. I've had a ram and Dakota so I did have loyalty to them, and this us how they treat that...over 60 bucks.

On the bright side.....BRING ON THE 2" OME LIFT, AEV WHEELS, AVE FRONT AND BACK BUMPERS, 5.13 GEARS, AND A SET OF 35 DURATRACS!!!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Dude that does suck, the way they are still doing business sucks and is why they are always last on anyones list. I personally like their styling and lineup better than most others, I have been a long time Toyota fan until I bought my Jeep. Couldnt they just sell the brand to a manufacturer who really cares about their customers and not their ever shrinking bottom line?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:04 PM
JK Super Freak

All my hinges are bubbled and with all these stories I've read I won't bother having them fix it. You can buy a large can of mopar paint for like $12. Buy two and fix em all. That's my plan. Or bedliner.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't blame you for demanding they be fixed on a brand new vehicle.

Mine have been bubbled for years, seems to have not gotten worse past a certain point. I just did not worry about it enough to want someone else messing with it. Some day I will take them off and fix it myself.

What I should have done is get my dealership to cut me a $600 check so I could take them off and paint them for $10.

doh!
Old 06-29-2011, 05:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like business as usual for Crapsler. Truly the worst auto company around.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Sounds like business as usual for Crapsler. Truly the worst auto company around.
I know I'm going to regret asking you this question...but why the hell do you still own a Jeep? Seriously, I'm not trying to be an ass here, but I don't think I have ever read a single post from you that had anything even remotely good to say about your Jeep, Jeeps in general, or Chrysler. Sometimes I wonder if you actually own an FJ or an H2 and you are really just some spy sent here to make people sell their Jeeps and buy some other 4wd.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

No, he's right. Chrysler is crap and my family was burned by them a couple of times in the past. There is a reason why Chrysler had to be bailed out by the government. I wish they would have went out of business and sold the Wrangler and Viper name to a 3rd party and continued production (only Chrysler products with redeeming qualities). My parents have since switched to Ford and couldn't be happier. I've always owned Ford trucks, but ended up buying a Wrangler this time around because I've always wanted one and the price was right. I've had good luck with it so far... I just wish the Chrysler name wasn't linked it. :(

Last edited by Ryan L; 06-29-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had problems with warranty yet, mine is a 2010, but it sure looks really stupid to loose a client for $60 when it clearly looks like it's a legit model problem.

In today's day and age where communication is instant and the internet is a powerful tool, getting bad rep for $60 is just stupid.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan L
No, he's right. Chrysler is crap and my family was burned by them a couple of times in the past. There is a reason why Chrysler had to be bailed out by the government. I wish they would have went out of business and sold the Wrangler and Viper name to a 3rd party and continued production (only Chrysler products with redeeming qualities). My parents have since switched to Ford and couldn't be happier. I've always owned Ford trucks, but ended up buying a Wrangler this time around because I've always wanted one and the price was right. I've had good luck with it so far... I just wish the Chrysler name wasn't linked it. :(
Ford made Jeeps back during the war so a change could happen. Not that I want Ford making the Jeep but I do wish ANY other auto maker besides Ford an Crapsler would make Jeeps.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EarlyJk

Ford made Jeeps back during the war so a change could happen. Not that I want Ford making the Jeep but I do wish ANY other auto maker besides Ford an Crapsler would make Jeeps.
If Ford owned Jeep the Wrangler would have 2 or 3 engines for it.

Quick Reply: Im done with Jeep, Dodge, and Chrysler