Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

J8 Conversion Kit Priced at $5,499

Old 07-14-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default J8 Conversion Kit Priced at $5,499

Apologies if this is a repost.

ht tp://jalopnik.com/5821225/jeep-wranger-pickup-kit-revival-of-american-manliness-costs-5499

A few months ago, Jalopnik called on Chrysler to restore the sagging state of American manliness by building a Jeep Wrangler pickup. Today, Jeep finally announced the pricing and details; $5,499 isn't cheap, but many good things aren't.

It's only a start, as America now more than ever needs the freedom of a factory built, all-terrain small pickup, preferably with an option for a V8 Hemi or diesel. Jeep says a factory version is in some distant future plans, ranked lower on the to-do list than hustling a few more Fiat-sourced crossroaders out the door that will never see any surface rougher than the grassy slopes outside a John Mayer concert.

Until that time, this will have to do: the Mopar JK-8 kit, part number 77070049. It's not cheap: the $5,499 doesn't include the short-term lease of brain and muscle power from the doctors Frankenstein in your dealer's garage. But it includes all the necessary pieces and instructions, namely a 44-inch by 50-inch bed, and a warranty.

For that money, and a little time, your ho-hum Wrangler could be transformed into the Ron Swanson of vehicles, climbing the pyramid of greatness with a brace of smoked pork meat in its gullet, ever hungry for more.

Last edited by Robar; 07-14-2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non-sponsor links
Old 07-14-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Super Freak

And yeah, that should have said "JK-8" not "J8."
Old 07-14-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

saw this on autoblog as well. i just want the tailgate. its the fold down tailgate i'm assuming? but i feel like it would be an easy change over! instead of one latch that holds the current gate to the left side of the jeep, you would have two latches holding both sides.

anyways. i want a fold down tailgate damnit. maybe the JK8 will be my newest project to save for
Old 07-15-2011, 10:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bare bones wrangler

Now they just need to sell a bare bones wrangler to build off of.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:35 AM
JK Super Freak

My father in law has been waiting for the pricing on this kit. he bought a base x unlimited took the top off, took out the backseats and welded a flat peice of steel down on the floor/base, cut the role bar and uses it to spray fertilizer on his ditchs and for irrigating (corn farmer) works great for him, said this kit would be amazing cause he could still do it all while having some protection from the elements.
Old 07-16-2011, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I farm too, I'd like to see a pic of that irrigating rig
Old 07-16-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by asuperhero
saw this on autoblog as well. i just want the tailgate. its the fold down tailgate i'm assuming? but i feel like it would be an easy change over! instead of one latch that holds the current gate to the left side of the jeep, you would have two latches holding both sides.

anyways. i want a fold down tailgate damnit. maybe the JK8 will be my newest project to save for
I don't think its a fold down because of the spare on the back.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by husker_fan
I farm too, I'd like to see a pic of that irrigating rig
haha funny you say that, if he ends up doing it you might get to, he farms in Woodriver

Quick Reply: J8 Conversion Kit Priced at $5,499