Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jealousy

Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a lot of hate when I first got my JK, mostly from jerks. My boss said the color (Rescue Green) looked like baby diarrhea, nice.

Another guy, a coworker, said I made the worst descision ever by buying a 4 door Jeep. (Says the dork who drives a rusty Honda Civic) He says Jeeps have no re-sale value, that they are the Diet Coke with lime of 4X4s.

I like my Jeep, my wife likes it and my dad (who's owned Jeeps in the past, a few CJ-7s and a Wagoneer) thinks it's the best version of the Jeep to date. So that's all that matters to me.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody ever says squat negitive about my JK, they will have to deal with my wife, she is one tough lady and she loves our short buss. (Did I say that?)
Old 01-23-2009, 03:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by xerofall
I got a lot of hate when I first got my JK, mostly from jerks. My boss said the color (Rescue Green) looked like baby diarrhea, nice.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Coy
All jeeps are very capable. The JK is the best stock jeep ever made.
That's a fact, the group I wheel with has a lot of TJ and the stock ones struggle to keep up with my JK.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Shortbuss
I was talking to a local in town with a Rubi TJ. I commented that wow arent our jeeps scary in the winter. So I told him about the ABS, ESP,BLD. Next thing he said was wow they made the Jeep more like a car.

More like a Mercedes.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:07 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by xerofall

Another guy, a coworker, said I made the worst descision ever by buying a 4 door Jeep. (Says the dork who drives a rusty Honda Civic) He says Jeeps have no re-sale value, that they are the Diet Coke with lime of 4X4s.

I like my Jeep, my wife likes it and my dad (who's owned Jeeps in the past, a few CJ-7s and a Wagoneer) thinks it's the best version of the Jeep to date. So that's all that matters to me.
Funny, the wrangler is one of the highest resell value vehicle in north america...there are used TJ's that are still close to the price of a new 2 dr jk!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh I know, when I was first looking for Jeep 10 or so years ago I was amazed that I was seeing USED ones go for around 10-15 grand.

It was pure jealousy on his part, not everyone can enjoy the luxury of driving a Honda like he can.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by J.Ro
The thing I am more upset at is this. I sit in the passenger seat and my wife waves at all Jeep's no hating here, OK not the one's with the square headlight (Just a joke).
A buddy took me out my first time wheelin', but he did not want to take his square headlight Jeep out. His is all set up for the big rocks, and I was still stock. He was impressed with what my JK could do (me too). The second time I was going out with guys from this forum, I asked if he wanted to go. He said I should go with "my kind". HE SHOULD TALK!

Good ribbin' aside, I wave at every Jeep I see around my town. Mall crawling Saharas are the high percentage of JK non wavers. Of all the other breeds, it is the modified ones who wave back. I have a lot of stock Jeeps around here. I think they mainly come out for winter.

I have parked next to a couple of 4dr JKs as well and looked the owners in the eye as we pass. No head tilt, howdy, or any Jeep love. Maybe they have not heard yet?
Old 01-29-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think we need to put a a big sticker on our jks that say "wave dammit, its tradition"

or

"its okay, your cool if you wave back"
Old 01-29-2009, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by el_campede
A buddy took me out my first time wheelin', but he did not want to take his square headlight Jeep out. His is all set up for the big rocks, and I was still stock. He was impressed with what my JK could do (me too). The second time I was going out with guys from this forum, I asked if he wanted to go. He said I should go with "my kind". HE SHOULD TALK!

Good ribbin' aside, I wave at every Jeep I see around my town. Mall crawling Saharas are the high percentage of JK non wavers. Of all the other breeds, it is the modified ones who wave back. I have a lot of stock Jeeps around here. I think they mainly come out for winter.

I have parked next to a couple of 4dr JKs as well and looked the owners in the eye as we pass. No head tilt, howdy, or any Jeep love. Maybe they have not heard yet?
I experience the exact same things... scary!!-I mean the above statement is an exact definition of people in my area- that havent quite gotten it yet. At least thats what I keep telling myself.

Quick Reply: Jealousy