Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep 101... Wave at other JEEPS!

Old 05-01-2011, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Abacabb
I don't wave so when I get home I can see people cry about it on the forums.
I wave to every Jeep I pass, get maybe 50% returns. But when going through NJ and NY last year, the return % was ZERO. You have to ask yourself, why ? Are the Jeepers up north not a friendly.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BurnDoubt
I got pissed off at a jeep that didn't wave today. I had the wife and kids in the car and I threw him the finger!! My wife said why do you get like that when they don't wave back!?):$&/):!/!

I'm almost to the point of flying the middle finger at every jeep. Why not? Maybe then I will at least get a reaction from the "fellow" jeep comrades!?
On a recent long trip, I ran across countless jeeps. I waved at them all, but only approx 20% waved back.. My wife kept asking why I still waved even though I only got limited returns. I told her that even if they don't wave back, I'm going to continue to wave and the one's that responed, will appriciate the wave. At least I'm not killing it. Don't let it get to you too much, at least you're keeping the wave alive..

Last edited by RodCyn; 05-01-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had about given up getting a wave back today until a TJ responded. Its mostly the JKs that don't wave back in my area.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

i wave to all my fellow jeep owners whenever we pass and during the day i drive dumptruck and lately found myself waving to jeeps from my truck.. few who have noticed look at me like im crazy lol
Old 05-01-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Newbie

When I was researching Jeeps before I bought my Wrangler, I thought this "Jeep Wave" thing was a little goofy. Then after I had it for a year, I got used to waving. I told my wife last week, "Even on days when I feel like everyone hates me, I can still find someone I don't even know in a Wrangler who smiles and waves at me."

Then the next twenty Wranglers I passed didn't return my wave. Dammit.

(BTW, I don't really feel insulted if I don't get a wave back--even if I drive a JK. It's not like you have to take a class in Jeep etiquette before you buy a Wrangler.)
Old 05-01-2011, 08:50 PM
JK Newbie

whenever i pass another jeep i just smile at them
i only wave though if someone else waves
Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rhmiller
Gee... I was hoping you couldn't see the tears, Abacabb

Originally Posted by wmcvey
I wave to every Jeep I pass, get maybe 50% returns. But when going through NJ and NY last year, the return % was ZERO. You have to ask yourself, why ? Are the Jeepers up north not a friendly.
I probably get 90% return from lifted/modded Jeeps and 10-20% with stock Jeeps.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Abacabb
:I probably get 90% return from lifted/modded Jeeps and 10-20% with stock Jeeps.
This is right on the money.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I noticed when driving either a rented JKU, or my parents stock Sahara JKU, there are not near as many waves as when I'm driving my basically stock 2dr Rubicon. 2dr Jeeps, along with modified Jeeps are more into the Jeep wave thing. With that said, I probably miss 15% of the waves because I was paying more attention to traffic or something else while commuting around town . I think it's still alive but that there are more 4dr (non-traditional) Jeep owners out there. Nothing wrong with that though.

Keep it up!
Old 05-02-2011, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default yup

I probably get 90% return from lifted/modded Jeeps and 10-20% with stock Jeeps. [/QUOTE]

X2 Same. Modded jeepers are more 'likely' to return the wave or send one because they know the joy we feel more then likely a jeeper that has no mods or no changes (really ??) just bought it cause its a different 'car' to them...

Quick Reply: Jeep 101... Wave at other JEEPS!