Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep dealership sponsoring a Jeep club??

Old 07-04-2015, 09:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep dealership sponsoring a Jeep club??

Hello
Looking for any examples of Jeep dealerships either sponsoring Jeep clubs or even just a dealership who has Jeep getogethers like just hamburgers and hot dogs

Maybe even getogethers like a Jeep show and tell in a big parking lot

Speaking of that any info on anyone who's put together a small Jeep show with classes for trophies?

Thanks for any help and information!

Matthew
Old 07-04-2015, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

A dealership around here allows the local club to use their place for club meetings.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 07-04-2015, 11:31 AM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GutlessPhred
A dealership around here allows the local club to use their place for club meetings.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Same thing where I live. I also attended a BBQ and gathering for Jeep owners at a dealership in the San Diego area last summer. So you probably just need to go in and talk to them. I also met a dealership parts manager at a M&G in Phoenix. You just need to find the right person at your local dealership.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both of our jeep dealerships here sponsor Jeep clubs in our area. One is a little smaller and has really just a cookout with some small prizes. The other has a pretty nice turnout every year with a lot of prizes and trophies. Both hold events at the dealership. One is ran by the service manager and the other is ran by the finance manager.
Old 07-04-2015, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

There are two dealerships in Las Vegas that sponsor clubs, one is the Desert Wranglers sponsored by Chapman Chrysler Jeep, and one by Prestige . Both have monthly meetings. Chapman is a fairly large club and usually has embers who lead a couple of runs a month, more frequently in the cooler months. Both clubs use meet up.com to post information about meetings and club activities.

Last edited by RogueLeader; 07-04-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:59 PM
JK Junkie

Thank you for all the replies!

where i live now the nearest club is like 3 hours away...

i already bumped into the owner when he was checking out my Jeep! so i have a headstart, he's interested, i've got a meeting with him this week, so i'm looking for the webpages of dealers who do this so i can find examples of what they do etc.

matthew
Old 07-04-2015, 03:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1 1/2 hours east in the Albany area has numerous clubs. Zappones jeep in Clifton park hosts events for the club I belong to. Capital district jeep wranglers.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:03 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

We used a Facebook secret group to gather like-minded off-roaders (in our case, not just Jeepers). We have occasional dinners together, do runs together (headed out on a six day one real soon, in fact), and conduct training classes (one day class on basic overlanding, and a two day class on wilderness first aid in the past year). Just gather your friends, talk to people you meet here and about, and get them into your group. We have a hundred members now, and no dues, no elections for officers, no belly-aching that only a few do all the work. Passive members still benefit from our discussions on FB, while active ones get to do a lot of things.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jrod250
1 1/2 hours east in the Albany area has numerous clubs. Zappones jeep in Clifton park hosts events for the club I belong to. Capital district jeep wranglers.
That's great!

The closest club I ever heard about was the cnyjeep, their club sounds great but it's a real haul

The one you mentioned sounds a lot closer

Matthew
Old 07-04-2015, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve Landers Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Little Rock, Arkansas Is where the Arkansas Jeep Owners Society meets once a month and is a big supporter of the Jeep people here.

Quick Reply: Jeep dealership sponsoring a Jeep club??