Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

jeep iphone app

Old 03-04-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick reference data base, torque settings, fluid capacities, etc., would do me more good than inclinometers
Old 03-04-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

I'd like an app that will import USGS 1:24,000 topographic maps and use those for a GPS basemap. Also, incorporate trail logging as was mentioned previously.

The topo maps are freely available for download. You wouldn't have to incorporate the data into the app, just the ability to import the georeferenced files.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

I have thought about this and don't really have the time to build it so I will give you my ideas and you can get rich off it.

I would like a trail gps map with off road functionality. This needs to be able to not require a data connection to work based on the fact you don't always have that when you are offloading. To free up space you might be able to allow downloading parts of maps of areas you are wheeling at.

A built in inclinometer where you can quickly flip between map and a picture of the jeep (jk 2 door and 4 door where you can change the color between the out the box jeep colors). To make this interface really cool looking you should allow the built gyro to make the picture of the jeep shake as you off road I think that would give a cool look and feel.

Build in the routine maintenance log the one you get with your owners manual that track all upcoming and completed maintenance. Also when you have it inclinometer mode allow a graphical display of upcoming major maintenance. Like the engine is turns yellow at 3 months and red at 4 months past a oil change.

I am not familiar with the iPhone sdk but to show the current song playing from the map and or inclinometer view. Or make it so you can flip between inclinometer, map, and iPod controls.

This next one is very unique but I really want it. Allow this app to support video out. This is why I have a pioneer avic stereo with an 8 inch LCD and a iPod adapter. I can do video out and do with the Netflix app and other video supporting apps. It would be really cool to have this on the external video while off roading.

The coolest thing about all the work you can put into this app is you can very easily change this up and market it to other off road vehicles. Do all this and I will by it.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

I'd love an off-road application, that appeals to all off-road enthusiasts not just jeepers, that allows users to input trail locations into the map so that it is easy to locate good places to go wheelin. Sometimes the best rides and trails are where you'd least expect, it'd be nice to learn some new spots.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Half Pint
I'd love an off-road application, that appeals to all off-road enthusiasts not just jeepers, that allows users to input trail locations into the map so that it is easy to locate good places to go wheelin. Sometimes the best rides and trails are where you'd least expect, it'd be nice to learn some new spots.
Try EveryTrail, You can create your own trail maps and share them with the world.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paratus13
Trailguru. Works great!
This is a cool app. I hope to use it on a trail sometime soon.

Made a test run around the block with it.
http://www.trailguru.com/wiki/index....units=imperial
Old 04-03-2011, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Abacabb

This is a cool app. I hope to use it on a trail sometime soon.

Made a test run around the block with it.
http://www.trailguru.com/wiki/index....units=imperial
It's a tight app imma have fun with this one

Quick Reply: jeep iphone app