Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

jeep production in crapper

Old 09-03-2008, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jeep production in crapper

Jeep numbers are brutal.

from

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...0C579D13C07%7D

curr yr Prior yr diff

Compass 1,602 3,625 -56%
Patriot 4,019 5,081 -21%
Wrangler 6,469 9,464 -32%
Liberty 4,654 5,387 -14%
Grand Cherokee 4,736 12,265 -61%
Commander 1,996 5,890 -66%
JEEP BRAND 23,476 41,712 -44%
Old 09-03-2008, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

This is sad. This all reflects US auto makers lack of quality, and the US economy.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

No surprise; these numbers aren't much different than July's.

If anyone wants a cheap Commander, and can afford the gas, now's the time. They don't look so bad with a lift and some 35's. Soon to be a limited-edition.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:00 AM
JK Jedi

Not a major surprise, as the gas price scenario has impacted the entire truck/SUV market significantly since last year. I did thought I read that the Patriot was on the upswing though, so was a little surprised by those numbers.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Brad2893
No surprise; these numbers aren't much different than July's.

If anyone wants a cheap Commander, and can afford the gas, now's the time. They don't look so bad with a lift and some 35's. Soon to be a limited-edition.
I've been thinking about this same thing. I'm thinking of selling/trading the KJ and getting an '06/'07 Commander w/ a 5.7L V8 to pull the JK or a camper. Not sure if I'd lift it, but it's a possibility. Will they really fit 35's? I figured a set of 32"-33" tires would be pushing the limits of those fenders.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't forget that Jeep Wrangler sales were insanely high in 07. There is a limited number of people looking for a Wrangler and with the sales of last year I'm sure almost everyone who wanted one plus some got it already. Add that to the fuel costs and poor economy and sales will no doubt be slow for a couple years. I predict the next spike in sales will be when they introduce a more fuel efficient, torquier (word?) engine. Probably with the next design refresh. I'm hoping for the 2010 model year.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:07 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ronzep
This is sad. This all reflects US auto makers lack of quality, and the US economy.
what lack of quality?Cliches are a little old, and the economy is crap because of all the imports people are sucking up. Everytime an imported consumer good or automobile is purchased it sticks a knife in the heart of our country. Even the pledge of allegience is considered old fashioned. The whole country is at the verge of going in the toilet, and the critisism is against the country. Folks the country is US. Rant Over....
Old 09-06-2008, 09:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
what lack of quality?Cliches are a little old, and the economy is crap because of all the imports people are sucking up. Everytime an imported consumer good or automobile is purchased it sticks a knife in the heart of our country. Even the pledge of allegience is considered old fashioned. The whole country is at the verge of going in the toilet, and the critisism is against the country. Folks the country is US. Rant Over....
I agree. The myth of the superior Japanese automobile is just that, a stupid myth.
If I had listened to the lemon aid guides and all the consumer reports, I would have a 10 year old japanese pile of useless junk.
Instead I have a 10 year old Cherokee just begging for mods, that will go on for another 250,000 km's.
Keep an eye out for them, supposedly superior japanese crap broken down at the side of the road or rusting out beside your jeep, or in the junk yards with broken cheap engines.
My older brother is on his 3rd japanese pile of junk and my Cherkee is humming like new.
My opinion and I'm entitled to it.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Every car on the road is foreign anymore. If were lucky the U.S. car makers assemble the vehicle in the states. Testament to the fact is try working on you Chrysler/Ford/ GMC without using a metric. It's no wonder or economy is tanking. We have become consumers of goods instead of producers. Companies have shipped our jobs over seas and made it hard for the Companies who stay to make a buck. This then pushes more jobs out the door. Try to find electronics that are made in the states. Hell, try and find parts for a Winchester, where are schwinn bikes made? Most of the American flags flying on flag poles come from a textile factory in China. What a shame.....
Old 09-07-2008, 05:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Since there's a link with verified information, why is this in the rumor section?

Quick Reply: jeep production in crapper