Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Stories. How did you go about getting yours?

Old 02-28-2008, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My mother passed away and left me some money. She had always bought me every Matchbox car when I was little so I decided this would be my last Toy from my Mom.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got married so we sold the wifes '02 liberty cause i get a company truck and had a scion XB... she didn't like the XB at all so she wanted a new '08 liberty but i talked her into a wrangler WHOOO HOOOO!!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
I traded a 2004 F250 Super Duty 4X4 crew cab Powerstroke in on a 2008 Jk Wrangler Unlimited X. I kept having warranty issues and finally had enough. I found out after I traded that the truck had a blown head gasket and the turbo was puking oil into the intake tube. I am glad everytime I get in my new Jeep. I have had Jeeps before, but this has raised the bar. So, how did you get yours?
I had a Volvo S 60 on a lease that was already upside down by over 2500 miles with 6 months left on the lease. I had an opportunity to get a loyalty discount from Volvo to get a new XC90 fully loaded at an amazing price. My wife told me the XC90 looked like a girls car and that I should get a mans car. She new how much I missed my prior Jeeps, and urged me to test drive the new JK.

We LOVED the drive and feel of the JK and negotiated a decent price. She left to go to school, and I went to the Volvo dealer to test drive the XC90. After less than 30 seconds in the Volvo, I called the dealer (the same guy I got the first Volvo from) and told him I couldn't wait to get out of the car. It was sluggish, uncomfortable and felt like a van!

I went right back to the Jeep dealer and told him that I just test drove the Volvo and could get it for about $50 less than the JK. He said, "Well, if you want a Volvo, then I suggest you go get it, because I can't do any better than the deal I've given you." So, he called my bluff, and I was already hooked on the JK. It was exactly what I wanted with every option I wanted.

I closed the deal on the spot. In the end, he was so happy, that he threw in a full cab cover and agreed to pay for and install the LockPick and mic kit that I eventually bought.

I thank my wife every time I get into my JK! LOVE IT!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my mom had bought a new PT Cruiser 2001, Woody Edition - black. when i began driving with my temps, the original plan was for that car to be switched over to me and i keep driving it. thankfully the engine started having some issues and the dealer gave us an awesome deal on a trade, and i was looking at jeeps for months before hand and crunching numbers for how much i worked and got paid and so we traded the PT in on my Silver 2 dr X! and i must say i love it, and i would take the X over that PT anyday. i thought the PT was gay but if i had to drive it i couldn't and wouldn't complain.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:41 PM
JK Freak

WEll...after deciding i wanted a 4 door rubicon, but only with a 6speed, i was bummed to find out they are pretty much impossible to get, came across several autos, but no 6speed. So, i finally found one in Tennessee..keep in mind i live in FL. So i called the guy, we struck a deal pretty much. in a nut shell, when he goes outside to put the sold sticker on it, he realizes its gone....some guy was taking it for a test drive So, he called me back and was like, ok, your going to kill me, but some guy is driving it right now, "wait he just pulled back in...and now he is looking at it, opening the engine bay, doors etc.." turns out the guy bought it, and there was nothing i could do, because he got there first :( So i was bummed for about 1 hour, till i get a call back, same guy. he found one for me, exact same kind, color etc...but with power windows 6 speed etc....We struck the deal, and i went to pick it up 3 days later from FL

Now it sits in my driveway
Old 02-28-2008, 10:36 PM
JK Super Freak

I must be a fool...because I LOVE power and actually traded DOWN from a V8 to a V6.

My 2006 Toyota Tundra (with the VVT-i 4.7L i-Force V8) was a BEAST...I had it tuned and massaged to the tune of about 375 ponies...alas, she was a 2WD so never saw active duty off the tarmac. So, one gloriously bright, warm, sunny evening last summer (of COURSE I know the exact date: June 14, 2007), I stopped by Simi Valley Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge on the way home from work. I always liked the Wrangler and thought to myself, "The '07 is brand spanking new...let's see what all the fuss is about." I test drove my Rescue Green "X" with the Freedom Top and thought, "Ah dangit, I was kind of hoping I WOULDN'T like this thing, so I could hang onto my Tundra." Alas, this wasn't the case...it was love at first drive. So, approximately 75 minutes later, I was tearing the amps out of my Tundra, loading my subwoofer into the rear of my new JK, and saying both a tearful "goodbye" to the Samurai muscle that had served me so well for a year and a half...at the same time saying a joyful "hello" to the steely iconic American legend that serves me faithfully (and with a HUGE amount of fun) to this very day.

Russ D.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:23 PM
JK Freak

i had a 98 grand cherokee all lifted the bfg muds and a nice old man emu set-up. i sold it cuz i just had to have the new wrangler. i wish i could have kept both because they are amazing vehicles. couldnt afford the price of wheeling and maintaining two jeeps!
Old 02-29-2008, 02:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

stole it!!!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

God told me to buy her. I was worried because he had given me some bad advice on some horses before and I wasen't sure if the old man was on his A game. I threw caution to the wind and 6 months later I have my baby.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never owned a NEW vehicle in my life. I always drove older throwaways and never kept them that long (except for my 54 beetle I've owned since 96, my 69 TR6 I've owned since 90, and my 70 cutlass wagon I've owned since 94)
When I saw my first ad for the 4dr Rubi in Rescue Green I had to have one.
I ordered on in Dec 06 and was told it would be about 8 weeks. I started looking around the forums and saw that the 8 weeks wasn't going to happen so in early Feb . 07 I started playing with jeep.com and went to many dealers withing 100 miles checking inventory. One local dealer kept showing a Rescue Green Rubi Unlimited in there inventory so called and was told it was sold. A week later it was still on the site so I called again and again I was told it was sold. Then a week later when it was still showing on the web site I asked to speak to a manager and found that the buyer couldn't get financing. So I went and looked at it. It had almost everything I wanted so I bought it I did pay sticker for it But I didn't care I really wanted it and they knew it. So I bought it. Now that poor vehicle gets abused whenever I can get it offroad.

PS Dealers suck, but I love the Rubi, the ony thing it needs is MORE POWER.

Quick Reply: Jeep Stories. How did you go about getting yours?