Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Survey: Transparent Freedom Panels?

Old 11-12-2007, 12:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
I'm on the fence about this... on the one hand, I'd love to be able to look up during the "bad weather" times and see the sky, but at the same time, I'm not sure I'd actually pay money for that.

On the plus side, it'd be nice to be able to look out through a clear freedom top and see when the light above/front of me is green (I've found that the top is in my way for many lights). I know HappyCurmudgeon has commented on this with me in the past - anyone else?
keep your hood polished and you can watch the light on it.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VOLJEEPX
This makes no sense to me. If the weather was good enough to let sun shine through the panel, then take the damn thing off! Isn't there something more important these engineers should be working on?
Out here in Colorado we have lots of really, really sunny days where it's still only 10 degF or colder outside. A tinted panel might be worth something in the winter.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by yetibear
keep your hood polished and you can watch the light on it.
Sorry - that's blasphemy - I run a good layer of mud and filth on my hood, as a result of wheeling my Jeep...
Old 11-13-2007, 05:06 AM
JK Newbie

I would go for some clear Freedom Top Panels.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:21 AM
JK Freak

My 'vette has both solid and clear/tinted top. I only put the solid top on for 2 days and its been sitting in my garage ever since. I like the clear top idea... however as was mentioned earlier, I'm not sure I would pay for it with the Jeep. I was lucky that it came with the 'vette. Its bad enough storing the 3 parts of the hard top during the summer, not sure I'd be wanting to store 5 parts.

If the price was right, I'd be at the parts dept ready to go.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:10 AM
gwh
JK Newbie

I have an '86 Buick Grand National with glass T-tops and I always enjoy the view out the top. My JK is scheduled to be delivered in a few days and I've been thinking that someone should be offering glass panels for the Freedom Top.

Quick Reply: Jeep Survey: Transparent Freedom Panels?