Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

The jeep wave is dead

Old 08-06-2013, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKPier
My 6 year old daughter figured it out. She said, "daddy, stock jeeps don't wave."
I've noticed this too! I quit waving at the stockers. Makes me so mad when I'm with my girlfriend and I wave at jeep with no wave in return and she starts laughing at me. Haha.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChazasaurusRex

That would be funny, although I think you'd just look crazy to them because I think most people just don't know about the wave. To them you'd just be some random person flicking them off, not that there is anything wrong with that lol. This is a problem of the general public not knowing about the Jeep wave. Now that the wrangler is more plushy more of the yuppies can drive one, they don't know they are supposed to wave. We have to educate them.
This hit the nail on the head. Sometimes, I wish my winch and bumper were replaced with a cattle guard so I could mow down every soccer mom driving a jeep who thinks she's driving a grand caravan. I say any time we see a Non - jeep enthusiast driving a jeep, we run them off the road. That way, they'll finally realize what jeeps are meant for (off roading) and we can release some anger.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DaPeeps
I just bought mine about 2 months ago (2013 JKU Sport). It's still all stock (except replaced the wheels and put mudders on it), but this thing is my new baby and it will now receive the full attention of my wallet in the coming years. I was excited to become part of the jeep family, and it view it just like that...a family. Sometimes you have awesome members of a family, but there's always an a$$hat or two. I wave at every jeep I see, and here in OKC...I'd say 6 times out of 10, they wave back. When they wave back, I feel the love and continue on my way. If they don't....no worries. I still love my jeep and that's what matters to me. To those who think its beneath them to wave to stock or JKUs....some of us love our jeeps just as much as you do and take pride in the tradition we are all part of. Just sayin...
Good point. I definitely don't think anybody is below waving at anybody else, but where I'm from, 8 out of 10 times, the stockers don't wave back. So from now on, I'll let them wave at me first and I will gladly wave back while my love for the Jeep family steadily grows.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:13 AM
CJ8
JK Newbie

Update: The Jeep wave is still pretty much dead in my area of Southern WV, but I took a trip to Canonsburg PA a couple of weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. The wave is very much alive up there. Maybe there is hope yet.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CJ8
Update: The Jeep wave is still pretty much dead in my area of Southern WV, but I took a trip to Canonsburg PA a couple of weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised. The wave is very much alive up there. Maybe there is hope yet.
Come up further north near butler. Waves all over the place. There is town up here called west liberty. Small middle bfe town. 3/4 of the town drives some sort of wrangler. Cj, yj, tj, or jk. Its pretty awesome.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I moved less than 20 minutes from my old place and get way more waves out here.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:55 AM
JK Newbie

In Houston "within the loop" the wave is dead..... I've gotten maybe 1 in 500 to return..... It could be because at any given moment you can see a wrangler.

:(
Old 08-15-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by VicRush10
This hit the nail on the head. Sometimes, I wish my winch and bumper were replaced with a cattle guard so I could mow down every soccer mom driving a jeep who thinks she's driving a grand caravan. I say any time we see a Non - jeep enthusiast driving a jeep, we run them off the road. That way, they'll finally realize what jeeps are meant for (off roading) and we can release some anger.
" Run them off the road"??
Let me guess....you used to ride the small bus to school didn't you?
Drive your Jeep how and where you want and let others enjoy theirs the way they want!

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level then beat you with experience".
Old 08-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by Rploaded
In Houston "within the loop" the wave is dead..... I've gotten maybe 1 in 500 to return..... It could be because at any given moment you can see a wrangler.

:(
It gets better the farther North you go.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:23 AM
JK Newbie

In Albuquerque its about 3/4 wave back. I get waves more from chicks than dudes. Grumpy old dudes in their TJ's and CJ's say F it I'm not waving to anyone. But that's cool. It's fun to be cruising and a cute chick pulls up beside you and gives you a wave. It makes for a good day.
I have noticed it comes from the modified wranglers more often than stock. I'd say about 90% on waves from a moded ride.
Just chiming in.

Quick Reply: The jeep wave is dead