Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jeep Wave question

Old 06-20-2008, 04:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just waive away, and if they don't see your or waive back that is fine. If they do that is cool. My kids love waiving at other Jeeps too - in fact my 4 year old daughter now points out other Jeeps on the road to me..yes my 4 year old!
Old 06-20-2008, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Newtybar
Its sad... but I wave so much and barely get any in return I may stop soon.

Nooooo! Don't stop waving!!!! I agree that less than 25% of the people I see return the wave, but like others have said, if you keep waving eventually people return the wave.

My wife saw a front window sticker that said "WAVE DAMIT! YOU'RE IN A JEEP" I will find that and put it on my Jeep.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Last night we were watching Last Comic Standing and a guy was saying that it was stupid when you are in a boat that you waive to other people in boats. He said you don't waive to other cars because you are in a car. I turned to my wife and said yes, if you are in a Jeep you do waive to other Jeeps. She just ...LOL
Old 06-20-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Newbie

Bought my first Jeep two days ago and the first two Jeeps I passed waved at me...I thought, "oh yea...the Jeep wave, I'm part of that now." Now I'm waving at all of 'em
Old 06-20-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Do you think waves will increase as gas prices increase since we will have something else bringing us together?

Will the Mall Crawlers, Soccer Moms, and non Jeepers stop driving their JKs leaving only the purists in their Jeeps? leading to an increased waving percentage?
Old 06-20-2008, 06:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthAWD
I just waive away, and if they don't see your or waive back that is fine. If they do that is cool. My kids love waiving at other Jeeps too - in fact my 4 year old daughter now points out other Jeeps on the road to me..yes my 4 year old!
Anyone who doesn't return a wave to a four year old should be banished from Jeep ownership for life.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by noot
Here in Alberta, gas prices are high ($1.30 per litre) and rising steadily, and yet I see more and more JKs on the road every day. So here at least, contrary to logical thought, gas prices aren't effecting the vehicle choices of the general population.

I've never received a wave. Initially I was waving at everyone I saw, but I found that 9/10 JK drivers weren't even looking my way, and the 1/10 I would see looking was a soccer mom thinking I was hittin on her
same situation in Ontario. gas is up and btwn 1.30/1.35/L depending on how they feel. i also see A LOT of JK's roaming around so it appears that gas prices don't effect the sales here either. on the contrary, i get waives every day, but less from JK owners than TJ / YJ owners. i get the waive or throw it up almost everytime i see someone. 8/10 times i get it back. the other 2 were too busy f'n around w/their blackberry's...
Old 06-20-2008, 07:13 AM
Jsr
JK Enthusiast

I have co-workers that ride with me out to lunch and they are amazed at how jeepers actually wave back.
She tried waving in her Honda CRV but got disturbing looks back as if something was wrong.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sully151
Do you think waves will increase as gas prices increase since we will have something else bringing us together?

Will the Mall Crawlers, Soccer Moms, and non Jeepers stop driving their JKs leaving only the purists in their Jeeps? leading to an increased waving percentage?
Perhaps a little.

But I'm trying to convince myself that most of the non-purists can be assimulated. Well maybe at least half.....

I mean what is better than driving a Jeep?
Old 06-20-2008, 10:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by revolucion!
same situation in Ontario. gas is up and btwn 1.30/1.35/L depending on how they feel.
What disgusts me is that we pump the sh!t out of the ground in our backyard here in AB, and we pay the same for gas as you guys

Quick Reply: Jeep Wave question