Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Jerry Can Rack

Old 04-17-2010, 09:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jerry Can Rack

I have been trying to find a jerry can rack to go on the back gate of my JK. I can't seem to find one anywhere. Am I not looking hard enough???
IF you know of a good jerry can rack for the JK, please let me know!
Thanks,
Don
Old 04-18-2010, 04:30 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

There are actually quite a few threads. Plus, a number of after-market bumpers offer various options to carry fuel. You might browse this Google search of JK-Forum ...

Google Search: "jerry can site:jk-forum.com"
Old 04-18-2010, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Smittybilt I-Rack
Old 04-18-2010, 08:53 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by texmexjeeper
Smittybilt I-Rack
Do you have anymore pics of this and how things attach to it, like the Jerry can? This seems like a good product. How hard is it to remove when rotating the spare?
Old 04-18-2010, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love this setup

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/customized-my-tire-carrier-fuel-water-storage-75894/

Old 04-18-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Do you have anymore pics of this and how things attach to it, like the Jerry can? This seems like a good product. How hard is it to remove when rotating the spare?
i got rid of the factory device to use to lock this in placce and bought 2 receiver hitch locks, one for the I-rack and one for the high lift jack, it just slides on and off when you pull the pin out, then just undo the bolts holding the bracket and your spair tire on, too easy, also there is room to put a back up / tailgator light there also, just make sure to put disconnects there for future removal with the spair change out. i removed my flexible insulation so you can see there wires better.
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5333..jpg
Views:	276
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	61341
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG5332..jpg
Views:	400
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	61344
Old 04-18-2010, 11:35 AM
JK Jedi

i got rid of the factory device to use to lock this in placce and bought 2 receiver hitch locks, one for the I-rack and one for the high lift jack, it just slides on and off when you pull the pin out, then just undo the bolts holding the bracket and your spair tire on, too easy, also there is room to put a back up / tailgator light there also, just make sure to put disconnects there for future removal with the spair change out. i removed my flexible insulation so you can see there wires better.
Attachment 61341
Attachment 61344
Looks like a good solution. Where can I get those hitch locks? Also would the irack allow me to mount a jerry can using something like this?

I have a plastic Jerry can so the only wait to mount it would be with the above holder.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Looks like a good solution. Where can I get those hitch locks? Also would the irack allow me to mount a jerry can using something like this?

I have a plastic Jerry can so the only wait to mount it would be with the above holder.
i have the same base for my cans also, the fit the irack also, i just liked the look of the one it comes with, but the bolt holes match right up,
Old 04-18-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

i have the same base for my cans also, the fit the irack also, i just liked the look of the one it comes with, but the bolt holes match right up,
I read in some post that the Irack will not work with factory wheels... the center hole is too small.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Any one seen any gas can racks that fit into the receiver hitch?

Quick Reply: Jerry Can Rack