Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK DD undecided

Old 08-15-2008, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is my DD I am lucky though I only drive about 15miles a day to work and back.. But on the weekends me the wife and my two boys go out and look for mud and trails. I love my jeep.!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 02blujpx
Hi everyone I just wanted to know how many of yall use your JK as a DD?
I currently have a 02 TJ, locked, 35's, etc. etc. It is my DD. I dont have but a 8.5 mile round trip for work, but I do drive it a round trip of 1100-1500 miles about 3 times a year to go wheeling with my friends in MO at various places. I love driving my TJ around town, but driving it that long its not so great. The wife and I are expecting our first child(Jan. 5th ), and I am having a hard time to decide if I should just buy a tow rig or sell the Jeep and buy a 4dr JK. I am kinda leaning towards selling the TJ and buying the JK but its a hard decision to make. I have had alot of good memories in the TJ but I love the way the 4dr looks, especially when built. Anyone with kids please feel free to chime in. Thank you.

Sorry so long
hey 02blujpx!
i'm in somewhat the same boat as u as my wife is also expecting (end of Dec). albeit i already have an unltd JK. i use my JK as a DD and bought a 4dr for the very reason u are contemplating. i do i only do a daily commute of 45miles round trip, but i can't complain on any point. mileage is as expected and i do stop and go freeway traffic both ways in my 6spd. i've already used it as a kiddy hauler w/my nephews. 10, 8 and 2. they all luv riding in it and w/the 2 yr old in his carseat, no issues (except the wind back there w/the top down!). i can't wait to have our kid in there and know there won't be any issues w/fitment of the seat etc. this unltd has lots of space compared to 2drs and older jeeps.

go for it brother and good luck to u and ur wife!
Old 08-15-2008, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by revolucion!
hey 02blujpx!
i'm in somewhat the same boat as u as my wife is also expecting (end of Dec). albeit i already have an unltd JK. i use my JK as a DD and bought a 4dr for the very reason u are contemplating. i do i only do a daily commute of 45miles round trip, but i can't complain on any point. mileage is as expected and i do stop and go freeway traffic both ways in my 6spd. i've already used it as a kiddy hauler w/my nephews. 10, 8 and 2. they all luv riding in it and w/the 2 yr old in his carseat, no issues (except the wind back there w/the top down!). i can't wait to have our kid in there and know there won't be any issues w/fitment of the seat etc. this unltd has lots of space compared to 2drs and older jeeps.

go for it brother and good luck to u and ur wife!
Thanks and congrats
Old 08-16-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

I love my Jk 4 door. I am a Mother and a Nanny and all the kids (twin boys 9 months , & 5 yr old boy with my 8 yr old daughter) We all have so much fun traveling around in it. I use it as my DD and go off roading. I
Old 08-17-2008, 02:37 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by 02blujpx
thanks for all the replies As soon as I can sell the TJ i will be looking for a JK. I will probably go with an 07 since you cant get an 08 with 4.10 gears unless you get a Rubi. ( I just dont think I get the wife to agree on a Rubi). One question... Did some of the 07's come with a D-35 rear end? I want to avoid that. Been there done that and got some parts left from when it exploded going down the road. Not fun.

Yes, there are a few early '07 two-door JKs with the D35, ALL Unlimiteds have the D44 rear though. I have never seen a JK with the D35 with my own eyes, but I do know of one board member that has one and it's the only one I have "seen".
Old 08-17-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Yes, there are a few early '07 two-door JKs with the D35, ALL Unlimiteds have the D44 rear though. I have never seen a JK with the D35 with my own eyes, but I do know of one board member that has one and it's the only one I have "seen".
thanks, I thought maybe it was just the 2dr that got the left overs, just wanted to be sure

Quick Reply: JK DD undecided