Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Guilt?

Old 06-30-2007, 11:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Guilt?

Just out of curiosity, does anybody feel guilty driving around a JK? I am asking, cause I kinda do. Here we are in a an awesome jeep driving around, when there are other jeep owners (non-jk) that are not in the same world of comfort that the JK brought. Its as if i crossed over to the "luxury" side with stiff frame, non-noisy highway driving, and whole new interiors. I'm not talking capabilities-wise, I'm talking comforts-wise... like maybe in a jeep we shouldn't be this comfy...

should I feel bad?
Old 07-01-2007, 02:20 AM
JK Newbie

Location: Mountain View, CA & Incline Village, Lk. Tahoe, NV (summer house)

No, I don't feel bad at all.

I love my JK, and like you, I think it's comfortable... love bouncy stiff ride, love driving with top off and doors off etc.

But, I'm sure many people prefer to have heated "sofa-like" leather seats with auto seat adjustment, fancy interior, more space, lots of bling, better insulation (JK has hardly any insulation) etc.

I think JK is pretty quiet even with 32" BFG Mud tires, but I don't think it's nearly as quiet as Commander or Grand Cherokee. I think other non-Wrangler Jeeps ride like cars than trucks... which many people prefer.

JK is to us feel "luxury" especially if you upgraded from TJ or older Jeeps, but... JK is not for everyone.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:31 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so glad this wasn't something about miles per gallon or some fruity environmentalist type message. Wasn't sure what to expect from the subject.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:47 AM
JK Newbie

haha! yeah right for the gas mileage thing!

as for the first reply, i see what you are saying... compared to other vehicles, we are far from luxury... although compared to every other jeep, we are a little bit more on the spoiled side : )
Old 07-01-2007, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Far from it. Actually I laugh like a maniac when I see something like a H3, H2, or any of a number smaller "off"-road vehicles. Because I know I have just as much comfort as I need plus I have a capeable true off-road vehicle. On top of that it can got topless (although I like my safari top for shade I have no doors). As far as other jeeps I lump them in too (no laughing) although Cherokees are good offroad as well still they can not go topless (sorry good vehicle just no perks). Now as far as other Wranglers go the only thing I feel anything about is when I see someone with kids or 4 other adults riding with them all crammed in. I don't actually feel guilty just sad that they don't have the added room they need and I hope that they soon will be able to or want to get a JK and share the experience.
Old 07-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only luxury I care about is cruise control. (Although the wife and baby appreciate air conditioning.)
Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jamesbob220
Just out of curiosity, does anybody feel guilty driving around a JK? I am asking, cause I kinda do. Here we are in a an awesome jeep driving around, when there are other jeep owners (non-jk) that are not in the same world of comfort that the JK brought. Its as if i crossed over to the "luxury" side with stiff frame, non-noisy highway driving, and whole new interiors. I'm not talking capabilities-wise, I'm talking comforts-wise... like maybe in a jeep we shouldn't be this comfy...

should I feel bad?
Nope
Old 07-02-2007, 06:25 AM
JK Newbie

I feel guilty that I can put up to 33"s on my Jeep without having to lift it. I also feel guilty that I can tow my 18' boat and barely know its back there (3500lb tow rating on the unlimited). And last, I feel guilty when I can actually fit 10' long pvc pipes in my Jeep and drive them home from Home Depot