Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

jk long distance driving?

Old 10-29-2007, 12:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wranglerV8
Am I the only who gets frustrated when the trans constantly shifts in and out of O/D when driving?This is why I'm not looking foward to a long distance trip in mine.Maybe a chip may help?Any suggestions?
Try using the search function to find a suitable thread to complain about the transmission, instead of hijacking this thread.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wranglerV8
it seemed relative to me and you seem to have instigated a hijack by complaining about hijacking.
I think you mean "relevant," and comfort has nothing to do with shift points. Let's get this back on topic.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we get back to talking about my bottom!!!!!! Well you know what I mean. I think you all convinced me to drive the Jeep. The coolness factor alone is enough but the feedback on the seat comfort on long hauls and mygig cinched it. Not sweatin the MPG too much, hell I knew it wasnt great when I bought it. And driving a JK instead of a minivan is priceless.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

I'm going to be driving from PA to NC on Rte 81 next month. I'm glad to hear that the seats are comfortable for long drives. I'm hoping I can keep up on all those steep climbs with my 3.21 gears without having to downshift all the time.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Default Yosemite Trip

Well its not nearly as long as some of your trips but 5 1/2 hours.

I didnt like the extreme ly crazy flappin on the highway and hopefully that TSB foam install will help. The gas well pretty much sucked ass. I also have the 3.21 and i did have to downshift but not crazy like went from 6 to 5th and we were ok. Overall I loved it. Was fun to drive. Thank god I didnt buy a Mini Cooper!
Old 10-30-2007, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

1500 miles in two days. Three days later came back home. Total of 3k miles in a week. My wife and I had no complaints. Drove like a champ and felt very comfortable.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:57 PM
JK Newbie

Forgot to mention, I was getting 21 mpg for most of the trip.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Colorado Trip

We got our Rubicon 3 days before leaving on our previously scheduled vacation to Colorado. We now have over 4,000 miles on our Jeep, most of it from this trip. We traveled lots of back roads in the mountains checking our ghost towns, old mines and part of the Alpine Scenic Loop road. I have to admit the seats were a little firm but using an 18" square of sheepskin with the fur on took care of that problem. It was a trouble free trip. We were very comfortable and both agree that this was our best vacation ever!

Quick Reply: jk long distance driving?