Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Pricing is getting crazy

Old 12-23-2016, 04:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spank
It's supply and demand. Jeeps, especially the Wrangler, are more popular than ever and FCA can't push them out fast enough. Likewise, virtually all semblance of completion the Wrangler had (not that it was much) is gone. Hummer is toast, the FJ is done, and the Xterra is no more.
Don't forget that the 4runner is still here!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2943173014.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	663372  
Old 12-24-2016, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tjim01
Roger that! If the new Bronco looks anything like the concepts and has a V8 I will be in line....and get a lot more vehicle for the money than our Jeeps, I suspect. JK pricing is STUPID...but I have 2 anyway, lol. Anyone need a '14 JKHR in anvil, 6-spd with <15k on it? Need to save for a Bronco, lol.
As much as I want it, I dont think ford will put a v8 in it. But maybe their turbo v6. From what ive heard, it will be 2 door, 4 door with hardtop or softtop built on the same platform as the new ranger
Old 12-24-2016, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle521
As much as I want it, I dont think ford will put a v8 in it. But maybe their turbo v6. From what ive heard, it will be 2 door, 4 door with hardtop or softtop built on the same platform as the new ranger
V8s seem to be on their way out with how much they can do with 6s these days . Thankfully modern engines can be more powerful and more efficient than 8s in a lighter package.

It will definitely be interesting to see if they can step up to the plate or if it will be another soft roader with aggressive styling but lacking in capability
Old 12-24-2016, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

Default New Ford

Everyone has seen what Ford did with the Raptor. Yes it is pricey, but look what you get in return... Not a normal production vehicle as we have with our Wranglers. The NEW Ford will be good. They have something to prove to everyone and recapture some sales from Wrangler. Maybe with competition, the Wrangler will get better quality wise. Maybe they will finally come out with REAL incentives to help offset the outrageous prices they are now charging. Like the light package on the 17. It is really a safety feature, should be included as also side airbags. Just an example of how Jeep takes advantage of us.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:19 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Back to the original post, I think it seems like they just changed their pricing strategy along the lines. I bought mine back in 2013. Back then the price was the price (at least around this area regardless of dealership), and you got $2500 off in dealer/manufacturer rebates regardless of what model you bought. Other than that, there wasn't a lot of movement off price. My buddy bought a 2015. Prices seemed to had crept higher by then, but it was the old retail game of mark em high and discount big, and customer feels like they really won! When he bought his 4dr rubicon in '15, the only thing the dealers wouldn't budge on was the Hard Rock model. All in all, the actual price he paid for his was generally about the same as what I recall a comparable jeep was back in 2013 give or take, but the sticker price was a lot higher. Also think some of that pricing strategy has flowed through to the used market.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

I just recently joined the Jeep Wrangler movement by purchasing a 16 Unlimited Rubicon 2 weeks ago. It was the last 16 the dealer had. It was even displayed on the showroom floor when I purchased it. I have to say that I feel I got a deal by purchasing it $4700 under sticker price. That being said, the point of this thread is why I bought new. I couldn't find a decent deal anywhere unless it was a burned Rubicon, with a "fire damage but great for a build" status. The price of a 2-3 year old used Rubicon, regardless of miles, was the same price of a new one. Duh, I went new.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

When I did buy mine last October(sport s hardtop) I was between it and a brand new sport base with the black steel wheels, manual everything, no leather steering wheel and ATs they wouldn't budge on the new one but moved a little on the used which has auto, leather steering wheel and power windows for the kiddos.
For the difference of 18k on the clock I got more comfort and convince( lifted minivan) for the family. I looked high and low to find a good used one as well and took me about 8 months to find it. Had no interest in a rubicon personally but that's because of the build plan.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:42 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by Jahamm88
When I did buy mine last October(sport s hardtop) I was between it and a brand new sport base with the black steel wheels, manual everything, no leather steering wheel and ATs they wouldn't budge on the new one but moved a little on the used which has auto, leather steering wheel and power windows for the kiddos.
For the difference of 18k on the clock I got more comfort and convince( lifted minivan) for the family. I looked high and low to find a good used one as well and took me about 8 months to find it. Had no interest in a rubicon personally but that's because of the build plan.
That build plan got a damn nice Christmas present too! Congrats on that axle btw. LOL.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resharp001
That build plan got a damn nice Christmas present too! Congrats on that axle btw. LOL.
thanks! yeah it got a bit accelerated unexpectedly in a good way.! Planning out the rear end now. It's getting fully locked ARBs f/r in the next few months now instead of 2-3 years out. The best part about the whole thing is I told the wife I wasn't gonna do anything to it for at least a year...within 6 months it was lifted with new tires and armor. Just Empty Every Pocket.

Quick Reply: JK Pricing is getting crazy