Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Therapy... lock me up & throw away the key!!

Old 06-24-2011, 10:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brianjk7
Here is a solution, but it must be done in order:

1. Get lots of cold beer ( not the cheap stuff, but the stuff your friends like)
2. Call your friends for a hand
3. Be working in the garage when they show up ( where the cold beer is too)
4. Let them help you, not you help them ( noone needs another boss on the weekend)
5. Take them wheeling ( caution: compare the beer can cooler:trash can ratio)
Yup. That'll get it done!
Old 06-24-2011, 06:37 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Ok... so, I've got new BUSHWACKER FLAT FLARES sitting in my living room waiting to be installed ... then my OR-FAB TIRE & CAN CARRIER arrived TODAY ... and now I've ordered a FULL TRACTION 3" LIFT KIT which should hopefully arrive next week!!

How am I going to find the time to install all of this?!?
I just WISH I had your problem.......... lol
Old 06-25-2011, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good problem to have...
i can't afford to stockpile...never mind find the time to fit...
Old 06-25-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

what a problem to have!

im sure some of us wouldnt mind taking some stuff off your hands. (we would pay shipping of course!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok... so, I've got new BUSHWACKER FLAT FLARES sitting in my living room waiting to be installed ... then my OR-FAB TIRE & CAN CARRIER arrived TODAY ... and now I've ordered a FULL TRACTION 3" LIFT KIT which should hopefully arrive next week!!

How am I going to find the time to install all of this?!?
Whats the update on your status? Did u FIND ENOUGH TIME to get everything done? Pics would be sweet!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SebasCbass

Whats the update on your status? Did u FIND ENOUGH TIME to get everything done? Pics would be sweet!
Hahaha I posted some stuff in another thread, but here's what I did so far! I installed the 3" lift on Saturday... amazingly we got it done in 5 hours with a 30 min break to eat lunch. The hydraulic lift at my bros house made things go so much easier! Surprisingly we got almost a full 5" in the front and 3" of lift in the rear. The JK is now leveled out and to me simply looks awesome. I'm really liking the look, the height, and the ride quality!

Then we said "f*ck it" and decided to install the ORFAB Tire carrier immediately after. That was a PITA to install without an angle drill, and we made a few mistakes, which we corrected, but got it done in about 4 hours.

Since I haven't gotten my new wheels & 35s yet, we decided to hold off on the Bushwackers until I get the new shoes. With the stock wheels on 32s, I think it might look too silly with the flat flares on smaller tires. Here's some pics...
Old 06-28-2011, 09:24 PM
JK Junkie

You know, all you have to do is start.

The other night, i opened my hood to se what i could do to put my cold air intake back on, next thing i know i have a cold air intake, a custom made splash shield, an empty quart of strawberries and it's 3:45am...

So, just start and you'll get it all done.. no sweat.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hahaha I posted some stuff in another thread, but here's what I did so far! I installed the 3" lift on Saturday... amazingly we got it done in 5 hours with a 30 min break to eat lunch. The hydraulic lift at my bros house made things go so much easier! Surprisingly we got almost a full 5" in the front and 3" of lift in the rear. The JK is now leveled out and to me simply looks awesome. I'm really liking the look, the height, and the ride quality!

Then we said "f*ck it" and decided to install the ORFAB Tire carrier immediately after. That was a PITA to install without an angle drill, and we made a few mistakes, which we corrected, but got it done in about 4 hours.

Since I haven't gotten my new wheels & 35s yet, we decided to hold off on the Bushwackers until I get the new shoes. With the stock wheels on 32s, I think it might look too silly with the flat flares on smaller tires. Here's some pics...
Hydrolic LIFT, I totally wish I had one of those!!!!!! I'm looking to put a lift on my jeep too but it is such a pain to do it with jack stands..

Nicely done and thanks for the update! Your RIG looks awesome
Old 06-29-2011, 05:12 AM
JK Freak

Alright how much of a PIA was the tire carrier to put on? I have that adventure and the rear bumper to do yet. It's driving me crazy sitting here all day with the kids and wanting to put on my OR-FAb rear bumper at least, but I'm not lifting that bumper myself Should I ask the pool boy for help?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:28 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by SebasCbass
Hydrolic LIFT, I totally wish I had one of those!!!!!! I'm looking to put a lift on my jeep too but it is such a pain to do it with jack stands..

Nicely done and thanks for the update! Your RIG looks awesome
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by debsJK
Alright how much of a PIA was the tire carrier to put on? I have that adventure and the rear bumper to do yet. It's driving me crazy sitting here all day with the kids and wanting to put on my OR-FAb rear bumper at least, but I'm not lifting that bumper myself Should I ask the pool boy for help?
MAJOR PITA. You should have someone give you a hand, at least for when you mount the carrier arm to the hinge plate. Really, the difficult part is all the work done inside the taillights assembly. You jsut have to take your time... measure twice, drill once. Get an angle drill and it should go so much smoother. Also, the hinge bolts were kind of tough to get in... once they're in, they ain't coming out w/o a lot of cuss words and hammering. But the final result is awesome & this thing feels pretty indestructible.

Quick Reply: JK Therapy... lock me up & throw away the key!!