Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Unlimited: Learned Something New Today..

Old 11-29-2008, 04:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by trick50
... noticed that the rear interior dome light was on but the rest of the interior lighting was all off ...
Yep, this comes up every few months. Figured from the thread title that it had to be this or the cupholder. Now everyone following this thread is thinking, "Cupholder? What's up with the cupholder?" Answer: Go pull out the front one.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have kids on the way, then you should be on the lookout for lights being left on once they are moving around and getting into stuff. Kids can click on the light and you won't know it until your battery is drained.
Dont ask me how I know this!
Old 11-29-2008, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

This happened to us too! The dog must've hopped over seats and tapped it with her back... took me quite a while to figure out it was a touch light.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
cool about the dome light. but that challenger is insane. i take it that you got it with all options including the highest power HEMI able to put in it?
I got all the options including a 6spd...didn't get the 6.1 hemi though for now you can only get a manual trans with the 5.7 which is more then enough power for now. Just nice to have a pistol grip shifter haven't had that since my 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner Hemi (first car hemi orange...wish I still had it...that car could pay off my mortgage lol)

Thanks...looking forward to the baby...been assembling furniture all day lol.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TommyG
What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking.
I am a financial advisor/stockbroker for mostly retail clients however I have been taking on some institutional business this year mostly to help out a friend who ran his hedge fund into the ground and needed someone to bail him out.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HarryBallz
If you have kids on the way, then you should be on the lookout for lights being left on once they are moving around and getting into stuff. Kids can click on the light and you won't know it until your battery is drained.
Dont ask me how I know this!
lol..i can only imagine...I'm thinking it is probably a good idea to keep this light a secret (from my nieces anyway my son probably wont be able to reach the light for a couple of years)unless I wanna invest in a battery charger.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Yep, this comes up every few months. Figured from the thread title that it had to be this or the cupholder. Now everyone following this thread is thinking, "Cupholder? What's up with the cupholder?" Answer: Go pull out the front one.
well sorry for the replay then..I really have never seen it...I did see the numerous threads on the cupholder though.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mulewhisperer
I did not know that about the dome light so "thank you" and congrats on your upcoming addition to the family.
thanks...lol I have been thoroughly enjoying doing burnouts again...errr opps you were prolly congratulating me on the upconing arrival of my son not the challenger lol..I'm anxously awaiting the birth of our son, he couldn't come any sooner, but while we are waiting the challenger sure is making the wait fun.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by vandi
no kidding, I just wish we had something like this in the front. I get the mail on the way in from picking up my daughter from day care and it's way too dark. I think it's a pain in the butt that I have to turn the dome lights on from the turnsignal stick. If my wife gets the daughter, the mail sits in the box and the mail lady has the habit of just forcing all mail in to the back of the box... if I'm gone for a few days... oh boy the box is STUFFED!

I digress... Thank you for the info and congrats on the tax deduction, hopefully it'll be an '08 model.
lol...funny you mentioned that the original due date was december 31st (new years eve) after the last sonogram it was changed to the 27th..which still doesn't mean much with a standard deviation of plus or minus 4 but my sister and husband whom live in texas just sent us a present with all sorts of clothes, toys etc, one item was a bib that is embroidered " Tax Deduction" lol
Either way if the baby is an 08 or 09 model it's still a deduction but if it's 08 it's like a free deduction since he was born at the end of the year. Which only seems fair since they only let you deduct a fraction of what it actually costs to care for a child.

Quick Reply: JK Unlimited: Learned Something New Today..