Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Unlimited: Learned Something New Today..

Old 11-28-2008, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Unlimited: Learned Something New Today..

For those of you Unlimited Guys I learned something new today about my unlimited that I felt was noteworthy so I figured I would mention it. For those of you whom have read the owners manual you may already know of this but I figured for most of us on here this is worth the read.

So my wife and I are expecting our first in the next few weeks, and since the babies nursery is already complete and my wife is still has some nesting syndrome to get out of her system (those of you with kids know what I mean for everyone else I'll explain later) so we were in Ikea this evening buying all sorts of book shelves, cabinets, gadgets and gizmos etc so I got home unloaded my $2,841.47 worth of un necessary cargo that I now will spend 29 days assembling (if you've never been to Ikea 3grand can furnish your house and half your neighborhood so I will point out that I am thoroughly impressed with the JK's cargo holding ability).

So I went out to pull my JK out of the way to pull in the 07 grand cherokee and noticed that the rear interior dome light was on but the rest of the interior lighting was all off (I wired in LED strips in the footwells on the Dome power wire) so I played with the switch nothing....now I'm thinking F$%K the dealer is gonna be a real ass and blame my LED strips and my splicing etc. So after 5 minutes of playing with the switch , checking the doors, folding the seats up etc. I decide to just pull the bulb...upon attempting to remove the dome-light cover I realize that when removing one of my 1500 boxes from Ikea one of them must have hit the dome light...which unlike the front dome light (news to me and hopefully for those still reading) has a switch built into it so that when you push on the light it clicks and turns on and off....usefull feature for those who use there vehicle camping etc.

For those of you young lads whom are yet to experience the joys of pregnancy (oh yes it is quite the experience for men tooo!!) Nesting (term derived from the verbage that birds demonstrate prior to laying eggs) when a woman is pregnant in her third tri-mester (months 6-9) she will have this overwhelming urge to paint, plaster, build an extension on your already too big 3900 sq. ft mcmansion, spend unpresidented amounts of money to make sure that your baby is comfortable, warm, well dressed, well rested, from the age of 0-18 so in turn she will purchase a power wheels, every item in baby gap, baby banana, gymboree, childrens place etc. and even pick out his tuxedo for his high school senior and junior prom. However during this time the wonderful thing is that she will allow you to spend as much money on whatever you want...see attached pics

I ditched my 07 BMW 335 coupe for the JK to be my "family car" but in the past 6months I have already put 14,000miles on it and the baby isn't even here yet...So I told my wife I am going to buy the JK (called up chrysler 6mos into the lease and got them to sell the Jeep to me for $20,050 cash..Sweet deal since I have only made 3,000 in lease payments and my sticker was 33,0000

So I needed a leased vehicle now for my business as an additional write off. I told my wife that now she can rest assured that my Jeep will be my safe family wagon (when on road lol) and the Challenger will be my "I'm still cool car" lol.

*I hope the stock market sucks this bad for the next five years, if it does I'll be retired before my 35th birthday. Way to go on the new 800 billion dollar bailout hahahah
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	challengerclean.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	15994   Click image for larger version

Name:	pistolgrip.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	15995   Click image for larger version

Name:	challback.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	15996  
Old 11-28-2008, 03:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cool about the dome light. but that challenger is insane. i take it that you got it with all options including the highest power HEMI able to put in it?
Old 11-28-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About 2 weeks too late...found out the hard way. Put a grandkid in the back, to climb over, and she must have clicked the light on...after opening and closing every door and the tailgate twice, I realized it clicks on and off with a push.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did not know that about the dome light so "thank you" and congrats on your upcoming addition to the family.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

Wow, I've had my jeep for over a year and never knew. After reading this I didn't think it would be on the 2007's, but I checked and it is. And all this time whenever my daughter wanted the light on, I was using the switch on the turn signal.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

click click click click - mine too... who knew?
I'm almost afraid to tell my kids they can turn the light on themselves...
Old 11-28-2008, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

no kidding, I just wish we had something like this in the front. I get the mail on the way in from picking up my daughter from day care and it's way too dark. I think it's a pain in the butt that I have to turn the dome lights on from the turnsignal stick. If my wife gets the daughter, the mail sits in the box and the mail lady has the habit of just forcing all mail in to the back of the box... if I'm gone for a few days... oh boy the box is STUFFED!

I digress... Thank you for the info and congrats on the tax deduction, hopefully it'll be an '08 model.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very Funny ....Laughed all the way through even tho I knew the light clicked already I was hooked! Congrats on the new baby.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:40 AM
JK Newbie

man, this happened to me and i was super pissed. I couldnt figure out how to get it to turn off. I was slamming doors, playing with switches, etc.. finally my dad walked over and hit it, and it turned off..

i was like

i felt like a total idiot.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:08 AM
JK Jedi

Congrats on the Challenger! I'm waiting for the Camaro (if GM lasts long enough to build it!).

Quick Reply: JK Unlimited: Learned Something New Today..